The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 hiding a vivarium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
meggi Posted - 21/01/2013 : 22:06:52
hiya everybody,now I`m sure from the title, i`m sounding very mean, but here is the story:

for a period of an approximation of 6 months i have had to move in with my aunt. However there is one catch- "there is not a chance (under any circumstances),that that bloody reptile of yours is living under my roof".

So, i need a way that is fair to Toby, that he can be "hid" in my room. And by "hid" i mean, do any of you lovely people have and idea or way of placing him in a cupboard or cabinet or whatever. This may sound really horrible, but of course id still handle him everyday and to be quite honest- neither of us have much choice.

Thank you :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 22/01/2013 : 19:21:00
tell her if the snake can't stay then you will have to bring the tarantulas over instead ;)
smart bunny Posted - 22/01/2013 : 11:07:07
It is her house and her rules, if you cannot talk her round then you shouldn't sneak him in. Have you tried introducing her to the snake to see if she would change her mind? Surely there must be someone who could look after him for you?
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/01/2013 : 02:47:44
How about showing her this forum over tea and biccys, might help her over what ever reason she is so against the snake. Ask her in a calm way, and here might help
Katie.Dublin Posted - 22/01/2013 : 00:13:21
I hid an MBK in a faun for ages in the converted attic/bedroom that wasn't being used. One day my dad decided on a clear out! He ended up shoving the "empty faun" in the shed! Unrelated i know, but honesty is probably the best policy... ESPECIALLY if its a viv and not a faun!
Auld Baldy Posted - 21/01/2013 : 22:48:57
Rather than get caught being deceitful, try negotiating and discuss the reasons with your aunt.

You would never be able to hide a snake for 6 months. Mice in the freezer, bits of aspen on the carpet, snake hunt should he get out, poop in the bin, waltzing about with water dishes! Just pointing out that it isn't a case of hiding only the viv.

Could one of your pals or cousins not house him temporarily?
Georgina Posted - 21/01/2013 : 22:45:01
It's not possible without him losing light. Short term for a couple if days. But long tent I doubt there is any way you could do it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000