The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 amel shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
daniel_gilly Posted - 18/01/2013 : 20:21:32
i was wondering if anybody had any pic of a amel going into phases of shedding just so i can tell the difference since it is a little harder to notice?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 19/01/2013 : 20:07:09
I have some pics on third page of the the shedding thread, here:

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12296&whichpage=3

Hope that helps! :)
daniel_gilly Posted - 19/01/2013 : 16:44:32
thanks you can really tell cant you i will keep my eyes open now
Auld Baldy Posted - 19/01/2013 : 16:37:08
Here you go, Rhubarb and Custard pink.
Normally vibrant orange with orange-tan saddles. This is Blaze in my sig. Pretty unmistakeable.

mikecappie Posted - 19/01/2013 : 15:10:48
My new amel has just gone into his first shedding phase, colours are a lot less vibrant and defined with a little bit of blue clouding around the eyes. He is also in his hide for most of the day apart from coming out for 5 minutes when I turn the lights out to sleep.
coxymk2 Posted - 19/01/2013 : 14:03:25
Mine has only shed once and he went a lighter colour a bit like looking at him through fine tracing paper
Moppet Posted - 19/01/2013 : 03:53:21
My amel goes very very dull when she is about to shed too. Her eyes are a little cloudy too when she's 'blue'. Plus belly scales are very faded, almost invisible. Mostly colour, like others have said

You'll know it when you see it and even if you don't see her in blue, you'll know when you have a freshly shed skin in her viv
daniel_gilly Posted - 18/01/2013 : 21:43:45
atleast i have some sort of clue now but wont be able to see any difference in behaviour since she has a thing for never coming out from her hide and when she does she stayed hidden haha
serena_08 Posted - 18/01/2013 : 21:14:23
My amel goes real pastel pinky/orange and her eyes milky pink :) then she comes out all orangey and flame like
herriotfan Posted - 18/01/2013 : 20:52:25
My Sidney goes very peachy/pink and dull. You'll certainly notice the difference if he changes colour as much as Sidney. Their eyes look very cloudy rather than blue but that can be easy to miss until you get to know your snake quite well.
Look out for the other normal signs too like hiding away, possibly refusing food etc.
Donnie Posted - 18/01/2013 : 20:48:58
quote:
Originally posted by Nasicus

Nah, you'll know, they go dusky pink, sorta like a rhubard and custard sweet lol!

That's the explanation I was looking for
Nasicus Posted - 18/01/2013 : 20:41:56
Nah, you'll know, they go dusky pink, sorta like a rhubard and custard sweet lol!
Donnie Posted - 18/01/2013 : 20:27:53
I haven't got any pics (she is always hidden especially when she is shedding so I leave her to it) but mine is really easy to see as she goes very dull. I can't really explain in words the look she has apart from dull but I would say you should be able to pick it up quite easily.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000