The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Scaleless topic ....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 16/01/2013 : 19:11:17
Eyup everyone :)

thought I'd see what every one thought of scaless snakes

personally I dont like them, I think they look ugly and can get injured more

What about you....

GO!!!

Scaly xx
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Multicorn Posted - 28/01/2013 : 08:34:33
Having the pleasure of handling these for a few years now I can say they are amazing..! The colours shine like no other morph due to the lack of scales..
They feel like only one thing (I'll leave it at that) nothing else comparative..!

Ethics:
Well every new morph in corns is always said to be a hybrid at some point.!!! Even the stripe we all love. So there will not be a 'true' corn left in captivity now if thats the case!!!
At least the originating breeder said it was hybrid... Credit there.!

Is it right????? Mmmmmm depends on the breeder!!! I personally would not buy ANY snake from a breeder with scale less..!! Unless they Always stated HYBRID HET SCALE LESS POS HET SCALE LESS!!!!
I cant think of anything worse than a scale less popping up unwanted...!!!!

Would I own one:??
Yes I would totally gorgeous. I would decorate the viv differently though..!!

As a breeder..? I would never breed scale less..! I have to be confident in the ethics of a morph/snake to breed them. Im not convinced...

It might sound silly that I would own one but wont breed ethically..!!!
I like british bull dogs if I wanted a dog I might own one... I would not breed though as they have facial skin issues... !! That will be bred out one day but for me not what I want to spread!!! (not knocking that dog I would own one... As I would scale less they are gorgeous)

I hope my honest opinion came over without upsetting anyone. That is not ever my intention..!!

Sta~ple Posted - 26/01/2013 : 14:51:57
That would be cool :) I personally don't like the look of them but thats only because I want to iron the crinkles out of them :P It's amazing to think of any morph that exists in the wild or captivity that has yet to be found.
eeji Posted - 22/01/2013 : 19:40:58
who says its not a natural wild occurrence? Depending on who you ask and where you read, corns and great plains range overlap so its entirely possible that there are wild scaleless crosses 'out there'
Sta~ple Posted - 21/01/2013 : 18:56:20
I dislike although but I don't like it when people say it's not natural, makes them sound like they were done in a science labby. If this is unnatural, then creamsicles are also then surely and many other morphs for many snakes. Maybe not a natural co-occurrence in the wild but if you can put two things together and they mate and produce offspring its natural.
Georgina Posted - 18/01/2013 : 11:23:34
I think it's amazing that we can do these things, it's a fantastic extreme and there will always be a market for it. A lot of the morph or colours of animals we have today are not and will never be found in the wild? How is this any different?
andy Posted - 18/01/2013 : 11:10:57
couldnt agree more
Red123 Posted - 17/01/2013 : 21:03:47
Well I think they go past being ugly and are beautiful. I don't agree with people breeding and creating this type of animal whether its a snake, rat, guinea pig or any other animal, so unnatural for them and not how nature intended.
eeji Posted - 17/01/2013 : 20:15:10
A related question: How many people know that scaleless cornsnakes are actually hybrids (corn x emoryi, same as creamsicles etc)?
smart bunny Posted - 17/01/2013 : 12:37:38
No Acidic - silkie beardies are wrong too lol ;) (in my opinion, totally understand others feel differently!)
sue2012 Posted - 16/01/2013 : 23:46:52
Not for me i like my corns with scales lol
Magentta Posted - 16/01/2013 : 23:28:36
Just watched the snake bytes episode and can see how it would be horrible for a wild snake but in captivity I don't think it's a downfall for them apart from keeping a close eye for easy injuries. I do think certain morphs look beautiful scaleless in colours and. Some.. Not so much. As i've never seen one in person I'm still not sure where I stand with them. Interesting little critters though!
andy Posted - 16/01/2013 : 22:49:28
how odd, thought they just get old and flaky like me!
AcidicAngel Posted - 16/01/2013 : 22:42:28
quote:
Originally posted by andy

nope, just doesnt look right, to me anyway, i have a question, do they shed? dont see how they can

Yup, all the Scaleless ones do.
andy Posted - 16/01/2013 : 22:30:28
nope, just doesnt look right, to me anyway, i have a question, do they shed? dont see how they can
AcidicAngel Posted - 16/01/2013 : 22:21:21
quote:
Originally posted by andy

for me its not a care issue, clearly the various morphs etc come from selective breeding, but how far does this go, messing with ginetics etc, they cant be healthy. never seen a silkie beardie. im sur they look ace, but at what cost?

Look them up. See what you think. Guessing you don't like the Scaleless Snakes then?
andy Posted - 16/01/2013 : 22:19:27
for me its not a care issue, clearly the various morphs etc come from selective breeding, but how far does this go, messing with ginetics etc, they cant be healthy. never seen a silkie beardie. im sur they look ace, but at what cost?
Razee Posted - 16/01/2013 : 22:18:47
Same as Donnie, not one I'd want, but strangely would like to know, what it feels like to hold one.
AcidicAngel Posted - 16/01/2013 : 21:53:53
Ah well this is a discussion that takes it to the next level. What would you say if I asked you all about Silkie Bearded Dragons? I personally think that Scaleless can be nice at times but things like Scaleless Rattlesnakes are not for me. I wouldn't own one and I do agree they are very unnatural but they do not need different care to a normal corn snake... I do think that some of them look pretty nice too, though I've only seen pictures. All I can say is that if you don't like Scaleless Snakes but do like Silkie Bearded Dragons then why?
andy Posted - 16/01/2013 : 21:46:35
not natural, cant be healthy
Elicia Posted - 16/01/2013 : 21:02:21
not normally a fan.....but someone bought me a corn snake calender for christmas and October has a gorgeous scaless corn! Its a gorgeous baby pink colour!x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000