The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Constricting Corn!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DiffBrookes Posted - 14/01/2013 : 23:10:43
Do only some corns constrict? I've saw videos on YouTube of them doing it fine, I was wondering if they only did it if it was live prey?
Or could you teach a corn to do it?
HELP!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 16/01/2013 : 06:40:17
Sometimes mine do sometimes they don't. It seems to depend on how often they are fed with mine and what they are fed. If they go only a week between feeds they just don't seem to bother to constrict. If they have gone 2-3 weeks between feeds then just about everyone will constrict. Oh and if Keith gets given a rat then he just can't control himself and constricts it until its almost at bursting point but never while holding it in his mouth he is to busy keeping an eye on me, guarding his rat I reckon.
Kyla Posted - 15/01/2013 : 22:04:16
Mine picks and chooses. Sometimes she constricts, sometimes she can't be bothered haha.
DiffBrookes Posted - 15/01/2013 : 21:40:51
Ill try moving it around next time I feed him, thanks guys
lupi lou Posted - 15/01/2013 : 10:17:32
one of mine didn't start constricting untill he started on small mice and now he does it almost every feed, the other has done it twice so far.
ScalySituation Posted - 15/01/2013 : 10:02:01
I have a 16g caramel who will strike and constrict every feed from the tweezers without fail, but my other hatchling will just gently take the pinkie
kev 5 Posted - 15/01/2013 : 07:33:37
as paulie said some do and some don't. i've got a 10 gram butter that was a non feeder that eats on her own now and constricts every time.
paulie78 Posted - 14/01/2013 : 23:57:18
I just dangle the mice in the tongs and twitch it a lil some will strike and constrict others will gently take it its just one of those things
nickking93 Posted - 14/01/2013 : 23:28:01
I always thought best way to get them to constrict is when they strike the meal tug gently as if in wild the mouse is struggling or is that a lod of rubbish?
paulie78 Posted - 14/01/2013 : 23:23:37
Some of mine constrict some dont and some that didnt now do and vice versa lol its just one of those things if u drop feed its probably unlikely they will constrict though some of mine will even constrict drop fed prey lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000