The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 shed soon + feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mumhols Posted - 07/12/2012 : 11:37:19
Well like herriotfan said yesterday peaches may be going into shed, she is due her feed today and when I got her out to weigh and feed she did look duller thank yesterday and her eyes although still red seemed misty or cloudy. I think this means she is getting ready to shed or my eyesight is just really poor lol. I went ahead and fed her, she is just finishing her first pinkie and seems happy with it... If she didn't want to eat because of shed she wouldn't right? Or will she regurge? Hope I've done the right thing in feeding her.

Here is a pic from just now, eye still looks red but it is mistier than normal

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 07/12/2012 : 15:34:40
I offer all my snakes their normal meal if it falls during blue. Most of them take it, although Andromeda strikes at it and misses repeatedly if she's really blue.
Mumhols Posted - 07/12/2012 : 12:35:55
Do you think her eye looks shed like lol I know it'll probe be a week still till she actually sheds, maybe longer if she is digesting her food, just don't wanna miss the signs of her shed as it'll be her fist one here obviously,
herriotfan Posted - 07/12/2012 : 12:20:27
As Hissyfit said.
It will take a while because she's in the very early stages but don't worry we're here if you need reassuring about anything!
Isoldael Posted - 07/12/2012 : 12:16:48
So far I haven't had a single snake refuse food during their pre-shed ^^ Looks like yours still has quite an appetite as well! You'll see that the eyes will go clear again before she actually sheds, and then you'll have a super bright little snakey again :D
Mumhols Posted - 07/12/2012 : 12:01:17
Here is a better pic of her eye, she was a bit reluctant to take the second pink so I think maybe she couldn't see it, I pierced pinkies head and then she had a sniff and went for it

Hissyfit Posted - 07/12/2012 : 11:48:10
It's fine to feed them when they are due to shed. Some eat and some don't depending on the snake, but you won't cause a problem feeding when they are in blue

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000