The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Hiding?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mumhols Posted - 06/12/2012 : 17:03:22
Peaches see,s to hide a lot, sometimes she comes out of her hide at around 9pm but since her feed last Friday she hasn't come out when I have been around, even stayed up till 3 am to see if she would...

Is it normal for a little 'un to hide all the time? I sorta expected her to be out a little more than she is?

Thanks all
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxymk2 Posted - 07/12/2012 : 15:27:57
Mine hideaway when they are coming into shed and during but they soon go back to their normal ways.
Mumhols Posted - 06/12/2012 : 22:10:04
Ah I guess over the next few weeks we' ll see how active she becomes, I'll just keep and eye on her but sure she is fine just trying to worry her new mummy lol x
Georgina Posted - 06/12/2012 : 20:30:56
She's settled in x
herriotfan Posted - 06/12/2012 : 20:30:41
quote:
Originally posted by Mumhols

She is slightly duller scales wise but eyes look the same I think, she was more active late evenings last week but not now, due a feed tomorrow so won't be able to check on her after to see if she is going into shed, it's like she is a different snake from last week lol, she isn't nosey at all now lol when she is out though and so happy to have cuddles especially with my son! They are great friends!!

Sounds like it could be the start of a shed.
You can lift her hide to check her after she's fed but just don't touch her. A quick peep and that's all.
It might also be that she just wants some time to settle in a bit more before being rather active again.
Mumhols Posted - 06/12/2012 : 20:13:58
She is slightly duller scales wise but eyes look the same I think, she was more active late evenings last week but not now, due a feed tomorrow so won't be able to check on her after to see if she is going into shed, it's like she is a different snake from last week lol, she isn't nosey at all now lol when she is out though and so happy to have cuddles especially with my son! They are great friends!!
herriotfan Posted - 06/12/2012 : 19:52:51
Considering how much she was coming out to see you before I'd say she might well be going into shed. Have her eyes gone sort of blueish/grey and look opaque? Has her body lost it's normal sheen and looking more dull?
When they go blue the snake can't see and they will hide away because everything is a threat that might try to eat them!
Moppet Posted - 06/12/2012 : 17:32:24
As Georgina has said, it is quite normal for them to hide. However it does depend on the snake. One of mine is out all the time and isn't bothered about you sitting and watching her, one of them is exceptionally shy and I never see him out, most of them are somewhere in between the two.

She may get more confident as she grows up but hiding a lot is quite normal, especially for a little 'un. There's lots of potential predators out there
Georgina Posted - 06/12/2012 : 17:19:22
Most corns hide all day and come out during the night / early hours. As they get older then tend to be less bothered about being on show. But usually you won't see them at all. X

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000