The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Well here goes nothing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darkelf-Lola Posted - 03/12/2012 : 22:39:11
Thanks to everyone who has offered help so far, am sure that i will need more in the future, I managed to get Lola out today & handle her for about 20 mins, before putting her in a temporary box so i could clean out her viv & re-arrange her new 'toys'. Also it gave me a chance to fit the new thermostat recommended by a lot of people & sort out the misting problem i was having in her viv. While she was out i managed to weigh her, 15 grams, is that ok for 11 months old??? It may sound daft, but how do you measure the length of a snake?? 'Cos i roughly measured her at 43cm.

Lola was very curious about me & spent a lot of time 'smelling' me & taking in my scent. She also spent a lot of time 'mouthing' at my hand & fingers, is that normal??? What does it mean??? She also pooped & pee'd on me, man that smelt nice!!!

So here are some pics (hopefully)...

Any ideas on her morph??? I was told she is a Carolina Rose?? Like i was told that she is 11 months old.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mumhols Posted - 04/12/2012 : 23:26:38
Lola is absolutely gorgeous and looks exactly the same as my little peaches, I was told she is 7 months but she not weighs 11grams and is around 34cms so I reckon they are around the same age and I think peaches is actually about 3-4 months. :-)
Razee Posted - 04/12/2012 : 19:55:55
Darkelf-Lola Posted - 04/12/2012 : 19:46:59
Thanks Razee, missed your 2nd post. =oP
Darkelf-Lola Posted - 04/12/2012 : 19:44:21
Thanks for the heads up Razee, will adjust the thermostat probe.

Btw general query to all, Lola likes to taste my scent with her tongue & then mouth at my hand or finger, was does that mean??? No teeth, just opens her mouth & rubs her nose on me.

;-)
Razee Posted - 04/12/2012 : 19:39:17
I know what she's doing in those pictures following the one of the set up... she's measuring the width of your fingers, the distance between them, and the width of your hand... just checking if she's big enough yet to have a go at your hand... the mouthing could mean she's having a little taste... ;-)
Razee Posted - 04/12/2012 : 19:08:59
She's beautiful!
Nice set up, too, the only thing I' watch out for - is that the thermostat probe hanging down by the cork bark? If it is, it'd be better on the floor of the tank, under the substrate. That way it's closest to the mat, in the hottest place, and that's where you need to regulate / measure the temperature.
Welcome to the poo club! :-)
Donnie Posted - 04/12/2012 : 08:42:08
Very nice little amel. As said as long as she is eating an pooing fine then don't worry to much about how big she is for her age.
And welcome to the poop club
Thorne Walker Posted - 04/12/2012 : 00:08:37
quote:
Originally posted by Darkelf-Lola

lot of very nice people on here help me out with advice.

So true! I was lurking here for months before I pulled the trigger and got Kitty.

I also watched a ton of snakebytes videos.

http://www.youtube.com/snakebytestv
Darkelf-Lola Posted - 03/12/2012 : 23:56:31
quote:
Originally posted by Thorne Walker

Are you certain it's 11 months and not 11 weeks? At 20 weeks my Kitty was 17g and at 10 months he was 54g.

Measuring is tough to get 100%. Lots of people use http://serpwidgets.com/main/measure

She looks healthy either way.

Hey Thorne, am just going by what i was told by the people i re-homed her from. That info was very sketchy at best & luckily for Lola i have had a lot of very nice people on here help me out with advice.
Thorne Walker Posted - 03/12/2012 : 23:46:38
Are you certain it's 11 months and not 11 weeks? At 20 weeks my Kitty was 17g and at 10 months he was 54g.

Measuring is tough to get 100%. Lots of people use http://serpwidgets.com/main/measure

She looks healthy either way.

Emmzi Posted - 03/12/2012 : 23:04:00
Lovely snake you have there :) and looks like an amel :)
paulie78 Posted - 03/12/2012 : 22:47:17
Shes an Amel (short for amelanistic) 15 grams at 11 months old seems a bit light to me my lightest 6 month old is 27 grams and my heaviest is 40 (hes a monster though lol) no idea of the length though ill be buggered if i've ever successfully managed to measure any of my lot i wouldn't worry too much about her weight though every snake is different and as long as shes eating pooping and shedding that's fine

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000