The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 how far would you go...?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 02/12/2012 : 19:00:51
...to pick up a corn snake?

I'm seriously considering a 4hr drive (each way!) to collect one...

I've found an adult female corn snake for sale and she seems quite perfect for me. She looks lovely in the photo I have seen of her and her hets are quite useful for proving my males' possible hets. Plus it would mean I could breed next year, assuming Apollo is up for it by then. He would be 2 1/2 years old at that point.

It would probably make her one of the most expensive normals because she is for sale for £50 and it would be about £40 just in fuel to go and pick her up (still cheaper than delivery).

What do you think? Too far to go? Or quite reasonable?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 09/12/2012 : 23:36:39
She's here Very tired after a long day (we did some sightseeing on the way).

I'm going to have to find her some bigger hides because there's no way she can squeeze into the ones I have for her . She has a cereal box until tomorrow...

I took just a couple of very quick pictures as I put her into her new viv. She's just as gorgeous in the flesh as in photographs, although I'm not used the the size of an adult corn snake, even a small one like her.

Need to think of a name for her next. I'm just too tired to be doing that tonight.
Criminal Nails Posted - 06/12/2012 : 13:59:49
Yaaaay I am glad you're decided to go and get her :D I hope she'll be even more beautiful in person, and do see pictures of her soon! Taken by you, that is :)
Sta~ple Posted - 06/12/2012 : 09:57:43
To get one corn from some dude? Like an hour each way. I would travel furthur for an event of which I was going to pick up a couple.
Moppet Posted - 05/12/2012 : 22:13:06
They have replied, with more pictures now They had been unwell which explains the delay. Just setting up a time to go and pick her up now She's soooo pretty, even more so than the first photo shows!

Well, I guess I answered my own question. I think it is worth travelling nearly 4 hours each way (8hrs driving in one day! eek!) to collect a normal female corn snake
Criminal Nails Posted - 05/12/2012 : 08:32:48
Oh no! Can't you reach them by phone? How long have they been silent? If it's like some days long I am thinking maybe they had a problem with something...
Good luck! I hope they will answer your emails soon!
Moppet Posted - 04/12/2012 : 20:25:57
Thanks, I think she's gorgeous. Worth the travelling. The only problem is now that the seller has stopped responding. Looking unlikely now
Emmzi Posted - 04/12/2012 : 09:52:04
Awwh wow she is very pretty :)
Criminal Nails Posted - 04/12/2012 : 09:25:12
Awwww she's gorgeous! She looks in great shape too :D Those babies are going to rock!
Moppet Posted - 03/12/2012 : 20:30:02
I'm just waiting for some better photos but there is a photo on the sales thread off the dark side. (rfuk)

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snake-classifieds/900074-adult-yearling-corns.html
She's the second one down
Criminal Nails Posted - 03/12/2012 : 19:23:09
Can we have a sneak peak of her? :p She's generated quite some expectation here!
Moppet Posted - 03/12/2012 : 17:56:39
So glad I'm not the only one, the more people I tell the more think I'm mental. haha. I'm just waiting for a couple more photos to make sure it's worth the drive but so far I think she sounds perfect! Time to start putting her new viv together I think, so that I can silicone it and get the heat mat and everything set up in lots of time. Just in case I come back with her
Mort13 Posted - 03/12/2012 : 11:57:16
Yep,I had 6 hour round trip to pick up my MBK. He was most definitely worth it and I'd do again. I've never had a snake couriered,I think its nice to meet the seller
Nasicus Posted - 02/12/2012 : 23:01:03
6 1/2 hours (bothways)to pick up my female Hognose :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/12/2012 : 22:04:47
If you think she is worth it, then no distance is too much!
Moppet Posted - 02/12/2012 : 21:01:28
That sounds like a good idea, maybe I can find something nearby we could do as part of the trip Glad to see I'm not the only one prepared to go that far for a new pet.
Criminal Nails Posted - 02/12/2012 : 19:52:28
If she's as great as you think she is, I'd do it! And if you think it can be a waste of time/fuel, stop somewhere nice on the road like Hissyfit suggested, or plan something else on your way back.

Anyhow, I think I'd go a long way for such a compromise as a pet; it can only be worth it :)
Hissyfit Posted - 02/12/2012 : 19:46:45
I' ve done a 6 hr round trip to collect a chicken! Depends how much you want her, you could stop off somewhere on the l way and make a day of it .
ScalySituation Posted - 02/12/2012 : 19:29:29
Yeh, we stayed overnight on saturday, before the show on sunday
Moppet Posted - 02/12/2012 : 19:26:02
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

i went 6 hrs each way when we went to donny...

Gosh, 6 hours. That's a long day. Did you stay over somewhere?

quote:
Originally posted by gmac
Went to germany to pick up a few corns ;)

Now that's very keen You must have really wanted them.

I'm quite excited about this female corn snake. She's quite a brightly coloured normal, but most of the people I have mentioned it to have thought I am a bit crazy. Even the seller was quite shocked at how far I'd be coming to see her (and hopefully bring her home if she's as good as she seems).
herriotfan Posted - 02/12/2012 : 19:08:15
I managed a humble 2 hours each way and was so worried that my new addition would be far too stressed from the journey I'm not sure I'd do it again!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000