The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 e-petition about the reptile ban

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 28/11/2012 : 17:46:11
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/31469
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 01/12/2012 : 15:53:33
The EU are not in the process of banning reptiles, they are looking at it. The major concern at the moment is the likelihood of a ban of importing reptiles into europe. There is no mention of them taking our reptiles of us, that would be rather costly as these reps they take from us will have to be PTS as there is nowhere to keep them, this I cant see. This petition in my opinion isnt helping as it is conjectured not factual. And if we are to win anything over in the government we must only present factual information.

Edit: This petition mentions they are coming to take my snakes away, there is nothing to back that up factually, realistically they cant come and take my snakes away as they dont know i have any. We need to be realistic not scaremongering amongst ourselves as to what could or couldnt happen if anything is ever passed
Sta~ple Posted - 01/12/2012 : 15:16:50
Please, please guys, do you even know what this petition is referring to? Because I certainly don't. Not to be rude instead if mindlessly singing any old petition on the internet, a bit of research and your own conclusions based on that research would be better, unless something drastic has happened since I last read the proposal of how to control invasive of all animals, if it has, my apologies. And that petition isn't accurate, in "There is no record of invasive reptiles surviving and breeding in the wild in the UK." because there is, and it doesn't even give a link or reference the document proposal it is referring to, unless I have somehow missed out on something major, but I don't think I have as it would be all over my facebook wall.
Thorne Walker Posted - 28/11/2012 : 20:17:58
As a colonial I hope my bit counts...
Emmzi Posted - 28/11/2012 : 20:01:03
It's not letting me do it, the code keeps saying is wrong but it's correct :( tried like15 times :( may be because I am on the iPad though, I'll try on the computer in a sec :(
ScalySituation Posted - 28/11/2012 : 18:58:39
will do it now then :)

EDIT: Done
Donnie Posted - 28/11/2012 : 18:57:41
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

im confused lol... its been a long day

do i sign if im against the ban?

Yes
ScalySituation Posted - 28/11/2012 : 18:48:51
im confused lol... its been a long day

do i sign if im against the ban?
herriotfan Posted - 28/11/2012 : 18:47:08
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000