The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Well this is a first...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scott-P Posted - 13/07/2012 : 00:53:17
I recently went on holiday and left my corn with my sister, ever since I got back she has been a bit skittish with handling and tries to get away. Whether this is because she has not been held for 10 days or so I'm not sure

well I was trying to get her out earlier, and had a bit of a wrestle with her as she was escaping through my fingers.... When she suddenly dunks her head in her bowl and starts drinking for about 30 seconds. Now this is a snake I have NEVER seen drink, I just notice the bowl go down.. So I must admit it shocked me that she started while suspended in my hands.

I'm really starting to think my snake is a bit daft lol
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmSquem Posted - 15/07/2012 : 17:28:50
Star drinks like that all the time, I was a bit freaked out the first time it happened!
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/07/2012 : 16:53:47
Kellogs drinks like that too
smart bunny Posted - 13/07/2012 : 13:50:43
My snakes often drink from my hand after they've been handled for a while - I figure it's just they got a bit hot whilst being held! Also, I'd say she's just a bit skittish because you didn't handle for a while. When we first got Corno she was a pain as every time she went into blue she'd hide away for a week - and then be skittish for a while after shedding! We'd just get her all calm again and she'd go into blue again and it would start all over again lol!
Hanxa Posted - 13/07/2012 : 08:12:42
My snakes drink while in my hands on a regular basis. Dunno why, but they just seem to prefer it. Is normally when I'm trying to get them back in and they refuse to let go

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000