The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Vivarium Locks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redshift Spec Posted - 09/07/2012 : 23:09:08
I know its been talked about but I have a problem (no sniggering). I need to lock up my vivs, the problem is that the normal viv locks wont fit between the glass on 5 out of my 6 vivs! I've found some 'push locks' but that will involve drilling the glass to install (which if I could avoid it I would). I'm using wedges at the moment but there was an incident last night involving my drunken fiancee wanting to show off Frank and his tail getting caught in the door (he is absolutely fine, i think he just jumped). So I want a key or code lock on all my vivs to keep them safe and to add a 'should I be doing this' if my lady wants drunken snake time. (Though she has learned her lesson, she was in tears thinking she hurt poor old Frank).

So to summerise, I need a method of Locking my vivs without using a sliding lock OR a push lock (if possible).

Any ideas?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a2c7 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 20:48:08
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

Barbed wire, rigged up to cattle grade electric fence unit.......

I guess you need to take precautions when you're housing an assassin.
lupi lou Posted - 10/07/2012 : 19:25:01
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

haha i like that, makes my though of duct taping oven gloves to O/H's hands to they couldn't take the wedge out seem rather mundaine now
Donnie Posted - 10/07/2012 : 18:56:57
I managed to straighten one to get it to work on my vivexotic, its not perfect but functions extremely well.
a33272 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 16:02:47
coxymk2 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:44:07
I use the cup hook suckers they are very cheap and can be a bit fiddly to get off so may stand up to drunken OHs lol
Auld Baldy Posted - 10/07/2012 : 15:25:46
I use cup hook suckers on 5 of my vivs.
I have them mounted on the bottom of the door next to the runner and they have been impregnable to all snake escape attempts.

Not guaranteed against drunken OH's tho.

Picture in this topic, post 12/13. Shown at top of door.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23581
ScalySituation Posted - 10/07/2012 : 13:32:21
i use the rubber wedges, and if you dampen them before putting in they go in way further, very human proof x
Ashcrack1087 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 12:54:10
You could put a thin piece of wood in the runners, as good as a lock imo. Obviously just make sure it's big enough for you to be able to pull it out when you need to.
a2c7 Posted - 10/07/2012 : 07:01:58
Get some big ass pliers and un-bend the bend in the viv locks you've previously tried. I don't know any other solution that's human proof.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000