The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding Chicks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Figs Posted - 03/07/2012 : 17:44:55
Found this on one of my routine adventures through the internet...
Thought it might be an interesting read for you corn fans

http://liverpool.academia.edu/KevinArbuckle/Papers/397760/Suitability_of_day-old_chicks_as_food_for_captive_snakes
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxymk2 Posted - 06/07/2012 : 19:51:12
Glad to know they may cause odour problems so will never feed them to one of mine he seems to have a slight wind problem. Think he just eats too fast.
mkmattyk Posted - 06/07/2012 : 19:40:27
I get half a dozen chicks when i put my bulk order in, and i just use them as treats and i used the chick tighs for a problem feeder, (which is ok now)
lotabob Posted - 06/07/2012 : 19:14:50
Yep, chicks, gerbils, rats, mice, multis are all on the menu, I think a varied diet is beneficial. Never heard of them been excluded from the diet of any snake with the possible exception of garters that struggle to cope with feathers (and even long haired rodents) though I have no firm evidence of this being the case, so treat as here say lol.

You are not wrong though, the after effect of chicks is a vivarium bio hazard zone, dont be feeding chicks any time around guests visiting the house.
a33272 Posted - 06/07/2012 : 15:37:50
Its never been the case that chicks have been ruled out as a staple feed. Its more the smell when it comes back out after.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000