The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Aaaarrgh! He got me. (Not for the nervous. ;-P)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Auld Baldy Posted - 02/07/2012 : 05:09:48
Vambo got a bit confused trying to find the start point of a black headed rat. He took it by the scruff of the neck and worked his way down to the bum end but gave up on that as a bad idea. After a bit of snuffling he got a bit frustrated at not finding the head and lined up to take a chunk out of his own side. EEK! NOOO!
I managed to deter this attempt at self cannibalism but ended up wearing a set of python-cuffs ... around both wrists. Jeezoh! is he getting to be a strong lad. BTW, the rat was also still somewhere in the middle of the stramash.
It ended up with him deciding that my knuckle looked pretty rattish and was having it. Switch to slow motion bite sequence, just like they do in all the best horror movies.

Those teeth are not designed for any direction except in and down. I managed to wriggle two fingers free and get hold of a ball point pen and use it to first (very gently) unlatch the bottom jaws and rotate my finger in ways that it was not intended to free it from the top set. After that it was a case of waiting until he re-discovered the rat and loosened his grip enough for me to unwrap and escape.

The amazing fact is that his strangle hold on my wrists acted as a touniquet and stopped me bleeding to death.

The victim and the accused.

Mortal wound

Prime suspect. The deadly long necked crocagator washing away the forensic evidence.

After major reconstruction surgery, the head surgeon says it's touch and go, the next 24 hours will be critical.

As you can see, the damage was minor. I've had worse bite from Mirkey & Big T but I know there are ghouls lurking around here.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/07/2012 : 20:27:49
Checked out as in fine fettle by the vet and about 4'9". Age wise I don't know but would take a rough guess at about 4 years old.

This was for cashing in my re-homer reward points for previous problems.

I won't be taking any Hoggies so you can nip in and stake your claim.
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/07/2012 : 19:13:09
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

He-he-he! If the City of London bankers can get away with their shennanigans then I don't see any problem with me having a little bit of insider trading with the SSPCA. He was held for me to have first refusal ... as if!!

Believe it or not he was abandoned in a student flat. They just upped sticks and left him behind. So far he has been a saint when handled and we'll find out what his table manners are like tonight.

Photos of ensuing carnage will be posted ASAP if I survive.

How old, what condition was he in? so much for only taking in hard to rehome ones! If you come across a hoggie, let me know and HANDS OFF!!! dont think i could resist a rehome hoggie, dont care what the OH says
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/07/2012 : 17:43:43
He-he-he! If the City of London bankers can get away with their shennanigans then I don't see any problem with me having a little bit of insider trading with the SSPCA. He was held for me to have first refusal ... as if!!

Believe it or not he was abandoned in a student flat. They just upped sticks and left him behind. So far he has been a saint when handled and we'll find out what his table manners are like tonight.

Photos of ensuing carnage will be posted ASAP if I survive.

scottishbluebird Posted - 08/07/2012 : 16:54:12
quote:

Ha-ha! So far he's been really well behaved. 'Fester' is his name for now. Inspiration came upon me while watching the Addams Family movie, Gomez was a little too obvious.

Emergency A&E are on standby. I gave them notice that it was feeding day today.

you gotta film that, i take it you got him as he was hard to rehome?
why no pics???????????????????
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/07/2012 : 15:52:54
Ha-ha! So far he's been really well behaved. 'Fester' is his name for now. Inspiration came upon me while watching the Addams Family movie, Gomez was a little too obvious.

Emergency A&E are on standby. I gave them notice that it was feeding day today.
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/07/2012 : 15:27:11
MBK? really awsome!!!! look forward to some new ways to you being strangled! others are really sweet natured, i think you should prob name yours 'Psycho'
Auld Baldy Posted - 08/07/2012 : 00:25:21
The therapist said to try something different ... so ...

Tomorrow I'm going check the table manners of 'Fester?' my new MBK rehomer. Ha-ha-ha!
Donnie Posted - 08/07/2012 : 00:17:13
Glad to hear you have pulled through I am sure when the counselling has finished you will feel complete again
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/07/2012 : 18:47:15
I'm not laughing Mick. Honest.

The wee ones still have needle sharp teeth and give a nip.

Photos and drama is to let folk see that bites really are not as bad as they imagine. OK a couple of punctures and a little discomfort but no torn strips of flesh.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 03/07/2012 : 18:32:44
quote:

He-he! Right bunch of drama queens, aren't we.

Mick, how big is Ruby now?

I can hear you laughing all the way from Kent, she's approximately 32 inches and 7 months but her teeth are very very sharp
343guiltyspark Posted - 03/07/2012 : 18:22:09
Ouch!
Auld Baldy Posted - 03/07/2012 : 18:18:35
He-he! Right bunch of drama queens, aren't we.

Mick, how big is Ruby now?
Okeetee Mick Posted - 03/07/2012 : 18:11:52
quote:

I'm just glad they managed to put my finger back on the right way round. My guitar playing is bad enough as it is.

Spreebok, Salmonella is the least of your problems. Panic when you start sprouting feathers in unusual places.

Mick, you know the rules. A&E admission report or it doesn't count.

SB, your concern is duly noted.

After all the trauma, I now have a shiny blue belly thing.

Sorry mate, I'll make sure she does a proper job next time
smart bunny Posted - 03/07/2012 : 04:45:31
Lol at you lot! Vambo looks innocent as the driven snow - I suspect he was framed... :p
Auld Baldy Posted - 02/07/2012 : 22:00:06
Oh! Cluck!! You have got it bad. Have you started scratching about in the dirt with one foot yet?
Spreebok Posted - 02/07/2012 : 21:01:17
quote:

Spreebok, Salmonella is the least of your problems. Panic when you start sprouting feathers in unusual places.

I don't know what you're talking about! Mind you, do you have any grain, I'm feeling peckish!
Auld Baldy Posted - 02/07/2012 : 20:12:53
I'm just glad they managed to put my finger back on the right way round. My guitar playing is bad enough as it is.

Mick, you know the rules. A&E admission report or it doesn't count.

SB, your concern is duly noted.

After all the trauma, I now have a shiny blue belly thing.
Spreebok Posted - 02/07/2012 : 18:48:14
Oh god, Auld, I don't think I'm gonna make it either ;____;

I got bitten by the orange worm today, whilst she had a mouth full of chick wing, I'M GONNA GET SALMONELLA TOOO *faint*
Okeetee Mick Posted - 02/07/2012 : 18:29:45
lmao, got tagged myself by Ruby a couple of weeks back but unlike you I didn't need a transfusion
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/07/2012 : 16:13:13
lmao, awwwwwww poooooor Vambo, so hope he is ok!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000