The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 how often do you do it??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cwblush Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:23:52
Handle your snake that is?
Ace seems to freak any time i go near him, l'm not sure if i should just keep handling to a minimum or try and handle him more.
So was wondering what everyone here does?

Hope your all having a good Friday!!!!!

Caroline
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 01/07/2012 : 14:02:03
Whenever I feel like it, so every other day usually! The hogs come out everyday though (apart from digesting) as they draw attention to themselves by giving me the hissy attitude through the glass :P
343guiltyspark Posted - 01/07/2012 : 08:31:19
I handle voldemort whenever I can (every day except feeding break)
Sta~ple Posted - 01/07/2012 : 08:26:55
Every two weeks atm.
AcidicAngel Posted - 30/06/2012 : 18:35:59
I know mine are both adults so it's probably different but mine are out every day for between 30 mins - 1 hour. With a young one, I'd only have them out for 15-30 mins once a day unless they've been fed or are in blue.

Though I get my 2 adults out when in blue and they have always been brought out once a day whilst in blue so therefore are amazingly calm even when they can't see properly
Roffe Posted - 30/06/2012 : 15:49:23
every couple days or so
Georgina Posted - 30/06/2012 : 12:03:09
Hero short handlings every day I can. Midnight comes out most night rom anywhere between 20 mins to 2 hours. She just chillaxes and watches the telly. Lightning only had short handling as it used to really freak him out. I don't handle if they have refused a fedd x
viraleye Posted - 30/06/2012 : 11:52:19
I handle mine every couple of days. If i have fed i leave between 48 and 72 houors until handling so not to risk poopage one me lol
ScalySituation Posted - 30/06/2012 : 10:02:31
lol :P
smart bunny Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:58:38
OMG Scaly so I am! Lol - spend faaaaaar too much time on here, obviously!!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:47:43
Hardly ever, although I am working on calming down my American imports because they are NUTS. The rest are puppy tame no matter how long you leave them between handling sessions.
ScalySituation Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:33:59
hey! smart bunny, you're fully grown :D
smart bunny Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:32:31
I try to handle most days except after feeding of course - and they also tend to hide away when in blue so I leave them to it pretty much then, but make sure I get them out at least once whilst in blue, mainly for me to reassure myself they are OK as I haven't seen them for a while lol. Also Corno has always been more shy, and it was frustrating that she'd just begin to get braver, then would go into blue, and after that week or so of no handling would go back to being skittish again! She really isn't keen on leaving her hide when in blue - but once out she is happy as larry again, plus she alwasy eats whether in blue or not (unlike Ember). Little and often is definitely the way to go to get them used to you :)
a2c7 Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:09:54
Mine come out every day unless they're fed or in blue/we're too busy. Aysha is easiest to have out cause she's big and dopey and doesn't move so fast - she watched a film with me and a friend last night. Ara is so adorable you can't not have him out, but you can't just leave him and he is a serial pooper. Ginn makes it clear when she wants to come out and savage one of us but needs constant watching when she is out. Tek...well we'll see about Tek!

Ugh..speaking of having them out..it's Ara and Aysha's faun/viv full clean out day today.

lupi lou Posted - 29/06/2012 : 20:23:16
i handle mine every day exept after feeding and during a shed, i often wake 8 up for a handling session, and jinx is almost always out so don't need to wake him up! jinx was a little pocket rocket when i first go him and he has settled right down now when being handled although he dose still have his moments.
cwblush Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:56:59
its weird, have noticed that he tends to come out more after handling.
Ahhhhhhhhhh the joys of being a new snake owner!
Not that l'm complaining! He's a wee dote
ScalySituation Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:54:07
picking him up from a hide is absolutely fine, he'll get used to coming out soon :)
cwblush Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:52:39
Ace is rarely if ever out. The odd night l will see him out but as soon as he spys anyone he reverses in super fast mode into his hidey house again.
Seems really unfair to lift the hidey house just to handle him, so have been keeping it to a minimum so as not to hack him off completely.
So you think thats ok?
When i lift him he's fine now no more rattling tail or anything.
Just need to find a happy compromise.
Blackcat Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:30:43
I try to handle mine every day (apart from after feeding) for short periods. If I leave my youngsters too long without handling they start to get skittish again - but that just might be mine as all snakes are different.
crazy JJ Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:29:10
its very rare i handle my snakes, i normal try n handle the smaller ones so there not completly wacky by the time there a adult. if there in a grabable place and i have time i may get them out but its rare.
When i got my first snake she was out everyday near enough (apart from after feeding etc) little n often as scaly has already said is best with them, they will get used to it and tolerate it soon enough :)
ScalySituation Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:24:51
when sonny is in a grabable place i handle him nearly every day, (bar feeding rest) little and often is the way to go with new ones :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000