The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 What a week!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a2c7 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 18:54:17
So late last week Ginn, our kingsnake, went for a walkabout outside her viv without telling us first.

We were heartbroken as she's got such a huge personality and was always entertaining. A couple of days after she'd gotten out I was plodding my way from sofa to bed and saw this black and white tail vanish into a pair of my OH's jeans that he'd kindly left on the floor.

Unthinkingly I grabbed Ginn and was rewarded with lots of tail rattling but no bites! YEY! We thought, how lucky we are and now she's grounded for a bit!

I've never told ANYONE but we did originally have an Amel/Butter Motley cornsnake het striped. He was our first snake and we named him Tek.

We had him less than a week when he escaped. Our house is very old and not very secure..there are holes around the skirting boards etc etc, so we assumed - after bottle trapping randomly for a month or so that he'd gotten into the walls and was gone for good.

We therefore bought Ginn and Araluen, our Cali king and normal cornsnake.

Well...Tek must have smelt Ginn and been scared enough to come out because my OH heard a noise and looked down towards it...there, sticking out or our radiator, was a little orange head!

We were there for about half an hour by the radiator with a mouse in our feeding tongs...he was going for it, but he'd wound himself up inside v.well. In the end I just gave up, reached in and grabbed him! Did the trick, not even a tail rattle from the little bugger.

So YEY! MORE SNAKES! I'm so happy right now :D
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/06/2012 : 16:13:11
I hope so, problem is we had 2 adults escape months back from a viv that had been damaged in transit, and both ended up out of the flat, 1 in the pub and 1 in the offices. Doesn't fill me with hope
a2c7 Posted - 30/06/2012 : 12:51:02
SexyBear, I think you might be surprised - somehow the gap between the skirting board and carpet didn't appeal to either of our beasties who got away. It quite possibly would have lead them under the floorboards or even into the outside wall of the house and to freedom outside. It's right next to their vivs as well, so could have been their first port of call.
kdlang Posted - 30/06/2012 : 10:23:15
Wow congrats on finding them both
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:51:27
Fantastic news! My wee butter stripe male I bred this year has escaped, been gone for around a week and a half now, and we know for a fact that this flat is full of holes which lead to either to lawyers offices or the pub below us....
smart bunny Posted - 30/06/2012 : 09:24:35
Oh wow that is such fab news! So glad you finally found your little escapee (and found Ginn so quickly!!) Obviously after that week is up - WE WANT PICS!!!!
a33272 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 20:40:46
Woohoooooooo 2 for the price of one
lupi lou Posted - 29/06/2012 : 20:27:16
great news finding your snakes, see Ginn was trying to be helpfull, nothing to do with wanting to escape and explore

look forward to pics of the snake we never knew you had
Blackcat Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:52:52
Great news regards finding both snakes - always nice to hear people have found their lost snakes
Corrah Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:32:38
I like happy endings. Great news.

C x
ScalySituation Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:04:13
so so chuffed for ya :)
a2c7 Posted - 29/06/2012 : 19:03:21
Yup, we had to give him the pinky after we'd taunted him with it..so he's had that and now has his faun all set up for him and has borrowed some of Ara's excess decor for tonight. We'll leave him be for 7 days, maybe give him a powerade bath if he's dopey after them, but he should be fine - he has been gone for 3 months and has lost a bit of weight but looks in good condition otherwise!

*also grinning like a maniac*
ScalySituation Posted - 29/06/2012 : 18:56:24
OH IM SO CHUFFED!!!

they will probs appreciate the 7days leave alone rule after their capers :)

Sat here grinning :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000