The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 more problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cwblush Posted - 20/06/2012 : 09:31:08

Ace hasnt come out since he was fed. We fed him on Sunday and he was grand. So decided i would handle him for a few minutes today. He obviously wasnt happy pulled away and started shaking his tail. So left him to go back into his hidey house. Not sure what to do now??

Please help!

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 21/06/2012 : 15:53:38
i agree with eeji my slash used to do it when she was a hatchling :D zepplin and halen have never done it though, each and every corn is different, but tail rattling is def normal. in younger corns espesh, he will get used to you just handle him lots
eeji Posted - 20/06/2012 : 20:07:31
don't worry about it too much, its just a cornsnake being a cornsnake
lupi lou Posted - 20/06/2012 : 17:54:42
have a good search around they are very good at hiding poo!! have you tryed the scented sock trick so he can get used to your scent?
as others have said short and sweet handling sessions are the way to go he will soon calm down. my Jinx was a little speed demon at first and he's loads better now. good luck with the handling
cwblush Posted - 20/06/2012 : 13:24:34
Am nervous now, which makes it all worse!!
Part of the reason we got him was cause he was so good at being handled, now were back to square one!
Maybe he needs more time to settle in?
Also we got him last monday and he was supposedly fed the sunday before and he still hasnt poo'ed?
That would make anyone bad tempered?
smart bunny Posted - 20/06/2012 : 10:34:23
Corno still tail rattles at me occasionally when I go to get her out of the viv and we got her last November. I just ignore her and get her out - she's fine once out. In fact last night despite a little rattle on getting her, when hubby put her back in, she shot straight back out again twice before I came to his aid lol :)

You have to just persevere. As Kev said, 5-10 mins every day to let Ace get used to you... and you used to him and his little ways ;)
kev 5 Posted - 20/06/2012 : 09:58:58
he's had time to digest thats not a problem. as for the tail rattling, some snakes are just viv defensive (protecting their territory). every day or so handle him for 5-10 mins and he will get used to being handled. a few hatchlings i had we're tail rattling and biting as soon as they came out of the egg. took a bit of time but they stopped doing either after a few weeks of short handling sessions

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000