The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Struggling tonight!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rachel Posted - 11/05/2012 : 21:53:48
Had a regurge from Neidr, which was lovely as he decided I needed to see and hear it but hey, it's nice to share. Have given him plenty more cover to reduce stress and no handling.

I haven't actually seen him for a day or two but as I type I can see him having a little explore and a drink.. He's due to be fed tomorrow which from what I read he should skip.

Find it hard to be hands off when I can see my lil dude having some fun! Anyway.. sorry slightly random and pointless post!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Redshift Spec Posted - 12/05/2012 : 14:44:08
Give him a meal smaller than usual after the 10 days then a normal one on his next feed after that. Worked with my snake
Rachel Posted - 12/05/2012 : 13:23:34
My son hasn't held the snake, have had a word with him about his behaviour inside the house so hopefully it's sunk in!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 12/05/2012 : 10:41:47
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

the usual rule after a regurge is to wait 10 days, to allow plenty of time for the stomach acids to settle and build back to normal levels. No handling in this time either, just go in to poop scoop and change water.

Probably the aeroplane didn't help - not something i'd recommend, tbh i probably wouldn't have fed if he'd experienced something like that. Don't want to say how to raise your kids, but might be worth having a chat with them about the do's and don'ts when handling the snake.

Hope he's ok

Agreed, care sheet says a week but most people I've spoken to say 10 days.
tordyjo Posted - 12/05/2012 : 09:15:48
the usual rule after a regurge is to wait 10 days, to allow plenty of time for the stomach acids to settle and build back to normal levels. No handling in this time either, just go in to poop scoop and change water.

Probably the aeroplane didn't help - not something i'd recommend, tbh i probably wouldn't have fed if he'd experienced something like that. Don't want to say how to raise your kids, but might be worth having a chat with them about the do's and don'ts when handling the snake.

Hope he's ok
Lozzy Posted - 12/05/2012 : 00:03:15
Hope he is feeds next time but ye would agree wait a week now :)
Rachel Posted - 11/05/2012 : 22:11:15
Got everything crossed, think my son's decision to turn into an aeroplane might have contributed to the stress... it certainly added to mine!
kev 5 Posted - 11/05/2012 : 22:03:46
feed him in a week,hopefully it was a one off

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000