The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 for the attention of lotabob

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 11/05/2012 : 15:21:54
my silkie breeding is getting out of hand I am now getting over run with them, I've got around 1500 growing on really well and the next lot of months are just emerging from the cocoons, would you like me to send you a couple of starter kits to get you going, there are between 40 and 60 1/2 inch silkies in each one.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 11/05/2012 : 22:42:32
email is probably better

janeburgess233 [at] btinternet.com this is my home email or
jane (at) idealtd.uk.com this is my work email but I won't pick it up till monday
lotabob Posted - 11/05/2012 : 22:39:44
Impressive collection. I shall work out how to message you.
ozziesmum Posted - 11/05/2012 : 21:46:20
When they are freshly hatched I use a small make up brush with soft bristles to move them and I use tongs to pick them up once they start to get their little grey heads and once they are about one and a half inch long I use my fingers or the tongs, I don't feed constantly or they grow too quick I just grate a small amount of chow on top of the silkies once a day but only if they have eaten all the food from the day before or it has completely dried out, if you put wet food on top of damp food it will get mould on it and it will wipe out your whole colony. Wash your hands before you do anything with them and that includes touching the food. You might as well just keep that tub for when they spin their cocoons and then turn into moths as you need to keep the moisture in so that the food doesn't dry out too quick otherwise you just end up wasting it. I'll send you a tub with the silkies so that you can transfer them over when you get them but don't put anymore holes in it. I'll send you a detailed sheet with the silkies. I keep the tubs on top of Rhubarb and Custards vivs. Once they are full grown I move them into a faun with cut up tubes from loo rolls so they can spin their cocoons I then put the cocoons into a smaller tub for when the moths emerge. Once they've locked I move them into a lay box lined with greaseproof paper and wait for them to lay when they've laid I take the paper out and just leave it on top of the vivs and watch for them hatching usually between 5 and 7 days and then you start all over again.

Send me a message with your address and I'll post some out 'll try and do it tomorrow but if not it will be monday.

These are the tubs I use

These were fed this morning and as you can see all the food is gone
lotabob Posted - 11/05/2012 : 20:40:03
Whats your secret? I followed the guidelines they sent me and they just died though I do think I know why, I touched them when I cleaned them out daily. If you want rid of some I'll happily take them off your hands though, have one more go. I've actually just modified the tub I was using to give so much ventilation there is practically no tub left.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000