The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 How did you choose names?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rachel Posted - 10/05/2012 : 20:19:59
Just curious, seen some really unusual names around here so wondered how other people chose the names for their snake(s)

Neidr is (I'm reliably informed) Welsh for "snake" ... so yes, snake the snake but I like it :D (pronounced like spider if you're wondering)

I also have a dog, Buzz (as in Lightyear, my son chose it!) as well as two guinea pigs with toy story names and another two who take my son's default male and female names (Fred and Lily)

So... yup. I'm nosy :D
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 14/05/2012 : 18:25:40
quote:
Originally posted by Sharks35

quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

I figured "I know I'm not just gonna end up with one, I should have a theme for the names" and after a little think, I decided to cement my love for Red Dwarf :D
As such, Lister, Rimmer, Cat, Kryten, Holly and Psiren! (A few people don't pick up on the Psiren bit, so here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psirens)

Brilliant, i absoloutly love red dwarf

Me too :D got the box set

And psiren is a great name but the creatures are disgusting on dwarf haha.
Sharks35 Posted - 14/05/2012 : 15:02:51
We chose willow frm the charcter from buffy the vampire slayer,and its just a name the wife liked
Sharks35 Posted - 14/05/2012 : 15:00:41
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

I figured "I know I'm not just gonna end up with one, I should have a theme for the names" and after a little think, I decided to cement my love for Red Dwarf :D
As such, Lister, Rimmer, Cat, Kryten, Holly and Psiren! (A few people don't pick up on the Psiren bit, so here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psirens)

Brilliant, i absoloutly love red dwarf
mgtrock Posted - 14/05/2012 : 12:53:13
Slash got his name from the guitarist from Guns n Roses, it was appropriate as he was also in a band called Slash's Snakepit :)
claire_daz Posted - 13/05/2012 : 13:34:03
We have only named one out of three of our ssnakes as the oother two are rehomed and already had names but pop's is short for popcorn with her beening a corn snake
Lozzy Posted - 13/05/2012 : 13:22:46
I got Galaxy and her name was on the box and it just kinda stuck but i'v been thinking of changing it....too Lexy and my new addition who i havn't even got yet has a kink or two in her tail so were thinking bout Kinky, but its not very imaginitive so will decide in a couple of weeks when we have her :)
343guiltyspark Posted - 13/05/2012 : 11:50:51
I picked Voldemort's name because he has a harry potter scar shape marking on his belly. And I had watched it in the cinema
Red123 Posted - 12/05/2012 : 23:13:35
I just give them the name they look like if that makes sense. I can usually tell within a few hours of having the animal. Its strange the names just pop into my mind. Its a bit odd when I talk to people with the same name as any of my pets though, I just can't help thinking you don't look like my John or my Kevin, lol. But then some people do look like my pets in a weird kind of way.
nusnakemum Posted - 12/05/2012 : 22:26:27
i love Kellogs the corn snake - brill, apparently our new snake ,maybe Dave ! (although if female i,m pushin for Ethel)
viraleye Posted - 12/05/2012 : 17:10:26
Mine is fairly easy-

Cyrus The Virus :-)
PurpIeMonkey Posted - 12/05/2012 : 16:25:09
I called my first one Cash as my friend has one called Tango so Tango and Cash lol and my second I've recently got a yr old snow corn and I've called her..... Carrie :) Cash and Carrie lolz
Okeetee Mick Posted - 11/05/2012 : 17:45:03
Go TrueBlood
QueenVic Posted - 11/05/2012 : 15:48:08
ESPHER - we used to call milk Ceefer, as in C for Cow juice haha, kind of an inside joke with my group of friends, so we decided S for Snake.. and I thought it looked better as Espher.

and SILVER just because he was silver when we got him and it sounded good with Espher lol!

I'm keeping a hatchling hopefully this year and I think I'm calling it 'Who'. For my love of Doctor Who.
lupi lou Posted - 11/05/2012 : 12:43:56
8 was the number on his box from when he hatched and it just kinda stuck! the students had called him rodger but it just wasn't right lol.
our spanner lupi was originaly called lucy but she was that mental that we decided that lupi was more suited to her!
the shep was already called jess but she's nicknamed wolfie although of late i've taken to calling her wobble as she falls over alot!
chester the hammy was also already named but we tend to call him chebby.
as for jinx it just kinda suited him!!
serena_08 Posted - 11/05/2012 : 12:12:38
MooMoo - Staffy - 4yr- Real name is Dizzle, but he got pet named Mooch, then MooMoo. He is a *special* dog so it suits!

Seven - Staffy - 2.5yr - as the seventh pup out of nine to be born, odd marking on her face so she was named after Seven of Nine from deep space 9

Stumpy - Staffy - 1yr - Full name Stumpleton the Third. Has a short (broken as pup) kinked tail.

Rubi - Carolina - Was named Rufus after a childhood toy, but after laying eggs was changed to a Rubi.

Dawn - Amel - Imaginative name thought up by the OH, Dawn Corn.

Aloysia - Anery of sorts - My uncles name was Aloysius, and looking up names Aloysia popped up and it just stuck. Alo for short.
crazy JJ Posted - 11/05/2012 : 11:54:20
Shikira - one of shikira's songs came on and the snakie came out so it kinda stuck,
Max - he was called may untill i realised he was a boy but got him for my birthday.
Dime - her pattern on her head
Twilight - a cool name
Skittles - she is skittish nd can be evil
Pikachu - kinda the colours of pikachu
Tash - cos he does have a moustache
Milkshake - well he is a milk (may change that name yet though)
Taylor - he came with that name but again i may change that
Squiggles - its a cool name plus he acts like a worm
Scooby - erm i just love the name and admits i love scooby doo ha!

Think thats m all, random names i know but heck im random myself..
Sta~ple Posted - 11/05/2012 : 09:18:09
Venom, to scare the neighbour.
Char as in charcoal even though shes an anery :p
Rattles speaks for itself
Ember as its kinda reddish lol
a2c7 Posted - 11/05/2012 : 06:19:43
Ginn was named by my partner and is a mech from an anime series. Araluen and Aysha come from baby naming sites. Araluen is gender neutral as we just don't know and I just liked how it sounded. Aysha is a female name of a legendary wife of Muhammad, when we read it from the site my friend said it had to be that name. I just prefer the y spelling to the i.

Other pets have been called Cinnamon and Cocaine (the rats) one named by me..one by the OH, but Coco so matched up to her name, lol.
cobweb251 Posted - 11/05/2012 : 01:48:14
Albi because he is amel motley also known as red ALBIno
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/05/2012 : 01:27:00
I thought i was being clever Kellogs the Corn snake

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000