The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Need help handling!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamczuk Posted - 10/05/2012 : 18:55:45
It's the first handle day but everytime I touch him he jumps like mad and slithers away fast as hell! What should I do jut scoop?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:37:56
temps are fine. one of my snakes spends a day at a time in the cool end,it's nothing to worry about
kev 5 Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:36:03
as long as the pinkie has gone down properly you can can put him back in his faun,then leave him to digest for a few days
adamczuk Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:32:59
That's in Celsius by the way
adamczuk Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:32:18
The temps I've been told are fine, it's 27.7-28.7 in the warm end (yeah I have a thermostat) and its about 17.7-21.7 in the cool end.(it gets to 17 during the night)
ShaneyyWithWiz Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:26:59
quote:
Originally posted by adamczuk

I scooped him up and he calmed right down for about 2minutes, then when I went to move a hand he went all quick again. So I popped him into a rub with his pinkie (I was gonna dangle but he was trying to escape) which he gladly found and has devoured. At least he's eaten fine. How long should I wait to transfer him to his faun? And will he automatically go to the warm end as he has a habit of hanging around in the cool end.

Are you using a thermostat ? It may be the warm end is to hot for the little guy, should be around 85 degrees in the warm end, just keep an eye on the temps, if they are fine he might just prefer the cool end haha.
adamczuk Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:15:36
I scooped him up and he calmed right down for about 2minutes, then when I went to move a hand he went all quick again. So I popped him into a rub with his pinkie (I was gonna dangle but he was trying to escape) which he gladly found and has devoured. At least he's eaten fine. How long should I wait to transfer him to his faun? And will he automatically go to the warm end as he has a habit of hanging around in the cool end.
Mamma Posted - 10/05/2012 : 19:08:29
just carefully scoop him up. He has to learn that you are both safe, and also not afraid to handle him xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000