The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A stressful afternoon

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:02:42
Well I have had an eventful afternoon today. The two leos have given me grief. Tilly has been acting a little odd over the last couple of days and it was starting to worry me. Well she worried me even more this afternoon when we discover she has laid eggs and was trying to eat her sister Belle . So luckily I had a spare viv but not a stat so off to the local pet shop we go. They had not got a single stat. So off to Bury St Edmunds we go to get a stat, Pets at Home had none either. I was getting very stressed now, next pet shop has a stat, it cost me £60 I almost keeled over at that point. Any way Belle now has own viv and Tilly has stopped patroling her viv looking for someone to eat. The eggs she laid were slugs and she now looks a tiny little leo. I'm guessing that they will now live apart from each other despite supposedly having been together since hatching.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Starmist Posted - 10/05/2012 : 16:07:47
Aww thank you! When I went to take them photos Indy was spooked by a noise behind me and Hendrix is like a small child she knows when the flash is coming so she shuts her eyes! Hence the slightly oriental look (what I think) hehe!
Red123 Posted - 10/05/2012 : 15:49:32
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Oh no what a shame :( Could it not just have been a temporary problem due to the egg laying? Would it be possible to reintroduce them later, or is it best not to risk it? (I know nothing about leos!)

These are our first leos so we are on a learning curve. When we first got our skinks they were together and the person we bought them off said they were fine living together. Well just a week after getting them one tried to eat the other and now with this happening with the leos I'm begining to think they are best kept alone. Having had this happen twice I don't think I will ever have any lizards living together regardless of what their previous owners claim. Better to be safe than sorry I think.

Starmist I just love the pics of your two cats in your sig. They both have amazing expressions on their faces, especially Indy
Starmist Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:45:39
What a day for you! And I thought my day was stressful because I had a pile of paperwork nearly as tall as me! Lol. Poor little Bella though I think I would be quite annoyed if my sister tried to eat me! :(
smart bunny Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:35:17
Oh no what a shame :( Could it not just have been a temporary problem due to the egg laying? Would it be possible to reintroduce them later, or is it best not to risk it? (I know nothing about leos!)
Red123 Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:29:50
To be honest I guess it was probably more stressful for the two leos especially Belle. Having your sister trying to eat you then being seperated and put in a strange viv, I feel really sorry for her :(
claire_daz Posted - 10/05/2012 : 08:24:25
Glad you managed to get a stat in the end what a day
Red123 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:51:15
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

yeah i picked up a 45x45x60 exo terra with a lucky rep stat and a double canopy for 40 pounds last week :)

That was a bargain you got there.
Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:45:16
yeah i picked up a 45x45x60 exo terra with a lucky rep stat and a double canopy for 40 pounds last week :)
Red123 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:43:13
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

im in colchester and have spare of most things, in case you get stuck in the future x

Ah thanks I think I'm going to have to keep a close eye on the classifieds on various websites and pick up some spares
Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:33:51
im in colchester and have spare of most things, in case you get stuck in the future x
Dancross0 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:31:31
Blimey! I didn't know that leo's could lay without breeding, and I kept them for 8+ years!

Just to be sure, have a look at this to make sure they are both female...

http://www.reptilecare.com/leopardgender.htm

Edit - A quick check turns out they can lay without mating. You learn something new every day...
Red123 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:25:36
A small village between Stowmarket and Bury St edmunds in suffolk
Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:23:29
oh no! where abouts do you live?
kev 5 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:05:25
what an afternoon that was

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000