The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Is he hungry?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamczuk Posted - 09/05/2012 : 20:17:59
Hello :) my little fella is right at the front of the faun, rubbig himself against the plastic in an S shape. He was last fed not last Monday but the Monday before,and I'm waiting the week (it's up tomorrow, can't wait for a hold :) )before I fed him. Also he's very flighty,do I just go in without hesitating even if he curls up? I also don't know how much he usually eats, he's about 50cm long and seems pretty big for a Hatchie. Any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks
Adam
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dancross0 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:19:53
Hungry behaviour might be roaming about his enclosure trying to find food. Your boy is a little to small for the looking for a mate business, plus he would be right off his food!
adamczuk Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:14:46
Thank you that's very helpful :) what does 'hungry behaviour' look like? Or could it be that he's after a lady being that it's the season an all?
Dancross0 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 21:13:22
To get a weight, I use some digital scales from Asda. They were about £7.

First, place a tub on the scales and zero (tare), so it reads 0.

Then add your snake to get a weight!

For length, go to the link in Georgina's post, and use a pic like this...

It's taken from above next to a ruler, so you can get a fairly good idea of your snakes length.

Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 20:55:00
i use this site to measure http://serpwidgets.com/main/measure

take a birds eye view pic of the snake with an objest that you know the size and then the site explains the rest.

i use salter digital kitchen scales that cost about 9 pounds from tescos.

as this is your first feed i would keep it at one pinky, if it does not leave a bump then give 2 next feed, if again no bump then on the feed after that give a fluff x
adamczuk Posted - 09/05/2012 : 20:51:45
I got him from Serpentus Exotics in Dunfermline, great wee place, really helpful and the lass who served me wasn't bad looking either ;P he was being fed pinkies in the shop. How do I go about getting a weight and accurate (or as accurate as measuring a snake can get) legnth measurement?
Dancross0 Posted - 09/05/2012 : 20:31:27
As above. Get a weight for him.

When my CB11's were 50cm long, they weighed 25grams, 26grams and 34grams, all on fuzzies/fluffs.

What are you feeding him now?
Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 20:24:25
where di you get him from?

at 20 inches long mine were on fluffs. but it depends on the widest part of his body.

when you get him out weigh him which will aslo give us an idea of how big he is x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000