The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Surely this isn't right?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Starmist Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:15:39
Found this for sale on one of the pets for sale group on Facebook. Not sure what type of snake it is as you can only just see it. Is it right to keep snakes like this? He reckons it has a heat mat with in it, but it looks completely cruel to me :( What do you guys think?? Also there are two snakes in there!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 09/05/2012 : 19:01:21
quote:
Originally posted by Midge

quote:
Originally posted by Hissyfit

Just look at the amount of dust on that unit

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesnt look like they would be cared for very well. Newspaper.and no visible hides also :-/

nowt wrong with newspaper, easy to find poopies and clean em up straight away
Midge Posted - 09/05/2012 : 18:58:56
quote:
Originally posted by Hissyfit

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesnt look like they would be cared for very well. Newspaper.and no visible hides also :-/
QueenVic Posted - 09/05/2012 : 17:23:24
I've seen a lot set up in rubs, it's more for the convinience than for display I guess.
I'd probably have a small set up similar to this for hatchlings eventually when I'll be dealing with more than one clutch. You can fix a heat mat onto the back wall of it too I've read, so you'd only need one instead of one in each container..
Starmist Posted - 09/05/2012 : 12:09:51
Hah! I know i'd go round just to dust it!! I am now unsure as to what he is selling as it's changed to £90 each.. Not much information about it at all!
Hissyfit Posted - 09/05/2012 : 12:07:30
Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:40:42
90 for that is a good price x
Starmist Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:38:05
Aw that's great news! I still feel like a bit of a snake newbie! I've managed to keep Jake healthy and well thanks to all you guys! :)
Mamma Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:35:51
No worries some snakes do better in a rub I fostered a milk (hes back with his original owners now) who wouldnt eat in the viv I bought him... put him back in a rub and he ate no problem. I think he just felt more secure in it
Starmist Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:31:29
Few! I'm glad they're okay. Just found it a little bit sad not to be able to see how beautiful they are in a nice viv! This is all for sale for £90 have asked him what snakes they are, but had no reply. Thank you both :)
Georgina Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:20:34
This is a normal snake rack, loads of people have them.

The snakes still get everything they need, and I think they tend to be better feeders.

Aslong as they are treated well their enclosure makes no difference to them x
Mamma Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:20:21
rub racks are common amoungst snake keeper. I myself have some snakes in rubs. Thats possibly royals. They dont need alot of space and prefer enclosed housing.

No idea if its big enough for 2 though. I dont co-hab.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000