The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Poor Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamiekenny Posted - 05/05/2012 : 09:01:47
http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/milk-snake-for-sale-including-tank-and-heat-mat/100935842

Have a look at the conditions of this poor snake!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Georgina Posted - 05/05/2012 : 15:35:53
A lot of people don't use hides but have thiker substrate. I think this is just a porrly advised person selling the snake how they bought it.
QueenVic Posted - 05/05/2012 : 15:34:00
True. I've seen worse.

Any one heard of Capricorn connections in horbury? They have a huuge boa in a tank the same size as the snake, its awful. I got my silver from there and he didn't even have a hide! He just buried himself under the substrate :(
Mamma Posted - 05/05/2012 : 14:55:49
Its likely they were sold the milk with those things and not told about guards, stats, mats etc. So in essence yes, they should have looked up snake care and sorted probs out... but if they havent thought to do such and just trusted what they were told when they bought it, then its not really intentional animal cruelty if you get what I mean. xx
a2c7 Posted - 05/05/2012 : 11:36:24
I'd love to take it on (I live in Somerset) but can't afford the snake and proper set up right now. Sad, really. To some extent how people keep their pets is their own business, but cruelty to pets is just wrong. I have a lot more sympathy for animals than I do for people and it breaks my heart to see any animal suffering.
Starmist Posted - 05/05/2012 : 11:13:37
That's awful!! :( It always angers me when people get pets and don't know how to look after them properly. Granted when we rescued Jake me and my partner knew nothing about snakes, but thanks to this forum and other care sheets we've managed to get Jake sorted into a proper home!
I was having a similar argument with a girl on facebook yesterday. A lady was selling a beardie for £15 and this other girl wanted to buy him, but didn't have a vivarium. She posted: 'I will have him, but I need a tank for him first, does he need a light bulb?' This angered the heck out of me as I've had beardies and the care they need to get this just right is not something you take lightly!! If only there were more people like us in the world :(
smart bunny Posted - 05/05/2012 : 09:48:08
That's what I thought Donnie, poor thing, only the one hide too. :(
Donnie Posted - 05/05/2012 : 09:42:32
That is not good no lamp guard, looks like stacks of poo down the one side and god knows what is in the water bowl and they want £95 for her! Needs to be rescued not bought.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000