The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 And we move on to week 7....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dancross0 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 18:23:51
Well, Plissken is still off his food with some more 'important' things on his mind, and it's coming up to 7 weeks since he has eaten. Which I'm not bothered about too much; he didn't eat for 2.5 months last year. He is still a big old lump, probably over 4.5 foot and 794 grams, so I've got quite a while until I start to worry...

But the girls are doing good. All 3 are on double fuzzies, and Sirae is soon going to break the 70 gram mark. Iara and Aguna are 52 grams. I really can't wait for them to all get up to weight so I can just pop into the shop and say "12 large mice" rather that "20 million fuzzies, and a large"...
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 14/05/2012 : 21:42:30
excellent,at least he ate something
Dancross0 Posted - 14/05/2012 : 21:40:22
Woop! Partial success with the feeding. He took a chick leg that I defrosted in the same tub as a medium mouse, hoped there would be some scent transfer to get him going. The mouse is still in his tank, with several holes poked through it's face...

And removing a frozen chicks leg is rather satisfying; makes a quite load noise!

Dancross0 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 20:13:27
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Haha, I'm mostly just looking forward to him not banging on the glass when I'm trying to sleep!

I'm sure he'd like banging something else more...
Spreebok Posted - 03/05/2012 : 11:45:29
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Lol good luck to all the starving randy boys - hope they eat soon for you all! (cheaper than keeping girls though lol!!)

Haha, I'm mostly just looking forward to him not banging on the glass when I'm trying to sleep!
smart bunny Posted - 03/05/2012 : 11:25:11
Lol good luck to all the starving randy boys - hope they eat soon for you all! (cheaper than keeping girls though lol!!)
Spreebok Posted - 01/05/2012 : 21:11:20
7 weeks? Pscht, if you want dedication, look at my Holly!
We're on week 19 with him having eaten nothing but a single fluff, which is pretty much to him what a chocolate biccy is to us!

Haha, anyway, lets hope they all start eating soon, breeding season is nearly over, so fingers crossed they'll all suddenly realize how hungry they are!
Auld Baldy Posted - 01/05/2012 : 20:45:30
I don't know how Corns and probably other snakes as well can go for so long and not lose any significant weight. Big T's record was 17 weeks. They must be the most diet resistant creature around.
Mamma Posted - 01/05/2012 : 19:40:13
Im looking forward to that too. Mim and Cosmo are now on fortnightly feeds, Griff still on his 3 weekly diet (poor sod haha). The rest are still on weekly feeds .
Your girls are doing great weight wise. And I just love plissken

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000