The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Confused....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AndyB Posted - 12/04/2012 : 21:26:09
Ok so i read some posts in the forums ....no...i read a lot of posts in the forums about feeding & came to the conclusion that my little snakey has outgrown pinkies as they are hardly noticeable when she has eaten so.....

she has just devoured 2 pinkies in very quick time BUT the last 3 she has taken bum first& no sign of a strike at all.
is she confused or is this normal behaviour ?

I have visited the shop where i bought her (looking for snake #2) & all the vivs had mice off varying sizes laid out in neat little rows

is her eating habit just because of this "buffet" style feeding ?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AndyB Posted - 13/04/2012 : 20:51:22
thanks for the replies,seems i got it pretty easy haha
ashby_steve Posted - 13/04/2012 : 16:17:22
I wish my male didn't strike!!
i always feed him outside the viv to avoid confusion between feeding and handling
he strikes and coils EVERY TIME and sits on the floor hugging the mouse for about 20 minutes before he starts eating it.
trust me, you've got it good lol :)
Sta~ple Posted - 13/04/2012 : 09:15:38
No sriking means your snake is not in a stupid mood that day and already knows the mousey is dead and therefore, doesn't need to be striked to be re-killed :P

>>;
cattNmo Posted - 13/04/2012 : 08:48:04
One of mine prity much jump out of the viv and coils round her mouse before dragging it off to her hide and eating it, tried feeding her out of the viv and she still does the same thing. But when she hungry you only have to open the viv and she strikes at your hand. (feed every 7 days) my oldest has to go in a empty rub and be left to it for 10 mins. While he ignores lunch and sort of gives you a "well if I must" look and eats it, often bum first. My youngest goes in a rub takes one pinky from the tweezers and I put the second in the rub with him. Eats one finds the next then back to bed for 2 days.

They all feed differently and are all very happy snakes
Georgina Posted - 12/04/2012 : 22:27:24
:)
AndyB Posted - 12/04/2012 : 22:24:10
that sounds like my 13 year old lol
Georgina Posted - 12/04/2012 : 21:41:05
one of mine strikes and coils. midnight how ever just casually opens her mouth and expects me to put it in x
AndyB Posted - 12/04/2012 : 21:38:30
quote:
Originally posted by Georgina

nope tis it normal, although i feed outside the viv and use tongs which nearly always eliminates bum first eating, and also increases the chances of a strike x

I feed outside the faun & use tongs while making the meeces shake their bootie but carmel's response is more of a head butt than a strike lol.....see you jimmy
Georgina Posted - 12/04/2012 : 21:33:33
nope tis it normal, although i feed outside the viv and use tongs which nearly always eliminates bum first eating, and also increases the chances of a strike x
ScalySituation Posted - 12/04/2012 : 21:27:44
no striking is absolutely nothing to worry about, neither is eating them backwards, just means they take a little longer to finish :P

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000