The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Just a quick question..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stan2012 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 20:33:38
Hi Guys, am new to snake keeping and handled Stanley for the first time this evening. All went well, he seemed fine being picked up and handled, but was wondering whan signs a corn would give you if they were unhappy/defensive or about to bite.

He has not shown any signs of this, and im hoping he wont, but it would be good to know what im looking for.

Many thanks

Hannah
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 06/04/2012 : 13:17:50
like mamma says it dosn't hurt when they bite you, i had one of 8's sibbling bite me and it was more the shock of it, kept looking at my finger like why isn't it hurting?
Mamma Posted - 06/04/2012 : 09:48:55
being bitten by a bubba corn isnt sore I didnt even realise it had happened the 1st time until my daughter told me my finger was bleeding xx
stan2012 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:03:53
Ive been told he is about 10 weeks old, so only little. Small steps ;0)
kev 5 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:02:04
the s shape is a sign,i've got 16 hatchlings and only 1 bites and he allways rattles his tail 1st. he's been like that since birth,you're snake should be o.k as he's shown none of these signs.try not to worry you're get used to each other with time
stan2012 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 20:49:27
When you say put their head into an S shape, do you kind kind of mean spring back ready to lerch?

Im a little cautious of them and want to be as well informed as i can. He's a lovely little corn.

First handling was lovely. Easing us both in gently though ;0)
lupi lou Posted - 05/04/2012 : 20:41:18
hi, they may tail rattle, be quite jummpy, form an s shape with their head and neck putting them in to a position to strike. glad the first handling went well

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000