The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 box of chox lol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sue2012 Posted - 03/04/2012 : 17:13:02
was at the local reptile shop the other day and they do keep and breed a lot of corns so i asked if he could tell me what i would prob get in a fe years with breeding my ghost and my snow he said that when it comes to corn eggs hatching its like putting ya hand in a box of chox u never know what will come out lol so do u think this is true that when it comes to breeding corns pretty much any morph could pop out the egg
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sue2012 Posted - 04/04/2012 : 19:34:03
oh i dont care what hets it has and dont have lol i have the gost cos its a corn i like was just saying about it i cant be sure of what hets it has and what im def going to get as when it comes to corn genetics i aint got a clue lmao all i know is its a ghost corn mum was an anery and dad was a hypo lavender lol im only going by what ive been told befor lol............was really just stating that the bloke in the rep shop near me said a lot of the time when breeding corns u get stuff u did not think u would lol
gmac Posted - 03/04/2012 : 21:26:16
for your ghost to have a few good hets and some hidden hets (all hets are hidden) it wold have to have been produced with a big time multi gened snake. Please please dont set your heart on having masses of hets in your ghost there likely wont be im afraid.
sue2012 Posted - 03/04/2012 : 20:56:37
been told my ghost should have a good few hets lol and some hidden hets that need breeding out of it lol so god knows what i should get got a good few years yet he is only 1 and just about 2ft
gmac Posted - 03/04/2012 : 19:22:15
somteimes you do for example you should expect aneries het hypo amel, however those 3 genes are pretty much the most common hets so is possible you may get snows and ghosts. I wouldnt say is a lucky bag though ideally you should have an idea of what you are breeding.
lupi lou Posted - 03/04/2012 : 18:57:52
am still trying to get my head round corn genetics, i've love to know what hets 8 has as his dad was an amel, mum is a normal and there was a quite a mix when the eggs hatched, some amels, snows, normals and some anerys. i like the guys analogy though
tordyjo Posted - 03/04/2012 : 18:06:36
there is some truth to that saying, if your snakes have unknown hets then yes you never know what you're gonna get, but someone more knowlegeable with morphs and corn breeding i'm sure will correct me, if you're corns have no known hets then you're pretty much just gonna get normals with hets.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000