The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Ceramic Heater & Stat.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Auld Baldy Posted - 25/03/2012 : 00:59:59
Could anyone give me any tips on Pulse Stat sensor & thermometer probe placement relative to a ceramic bulb heater, please.

Yes, I've got the welcome mat out again, non Corn this time. I need a hot spot for a Carpet Python.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 25/03/2012 : 16:29:59
Excellent & thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.
a33272 Posted - 25/03/2012 : 16:13:21
a33272 Posted - 25/03/2012 : 16:12:31
best way to do it is fix stat probe on side next to an slightly higher than basking area, turn it all on but initially put the thermometer probe in the basking area. set the stat to get the required temp on the thermometer in the basking area, an run it like that for a day an also leave it like that to set it up for night time drop. then when your happy move the thermometer probe. next to stat probe. u will get differant reading there, but make a note of them an make sure its always getting the same reading night/day as u will them be getting the basking spot temps right unless the stat is tampered with.
Auld Baldy Posted - 25/03/2012 : 15:40:22
Cheers for that. That makes a bit more sense than the instructions on the Pulse Stat leaflet. It has the sensor positioned almost midway along the back panel.

I want to drill the viv before I assemble it to position things with the shortest leads possible in the viv.
a33272 Posted - 25/03/2012 : 14:43:59
the probes go in the visinity of where the basking spot will be. mine are on the side next to where the basking spot is. will try an find pic
Sta~ple Posted - 25/03/2012 : 11:28:29
I can't help you but congrats!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000