The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 My snakey day from hell...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 12/03/2012 : 16:35:43
So today it's my day off, and I'd arranged to go and collect a (to me at least) rather expensive new snake which I've been dreaming about for some years.

Picked up the snake no problem after a 1.5 hour drive to the other side of London. Sellotaped it into its Braplast tub, and drove home again.

On arrival at my flat I excitedly got my camera ready for pictures, made sure his new faun was ready, opened the tub and was greeted by..... nothing. Snake was gone.

Legged it back to my car and carefully start sorting through all the assorted rubbish that's in there (mainly horse riding gear and empty Dr Pepper bottles) whilst cursing my way through the Oxford Dictionary of swear words.

In my panic, I hadn't realised that my ever-useful Honda, Harold, had locked the doors whilst the car was open, meaning that when I shut the passenger door to go to the drivers side, I was locked out, with my car and flat keys locked in...

Ran to the local locksmith to beg them to break into my flat, which they did, grabbed my phone and rang the RAC, only to be told I'm no longer a member because I no longer live at home.

15 minutes and £203 later, I'm a member again, and they were even kind enough to boost me to top priority because an animal was involved.

Went to stand by my car and await the arrival of my knight in shining RAC van. Whilst trying to kill myself with cigarettes, I'm approached by a friendly Asian man who asks what's wrong with me. I give him a quick debrief and whilst peering through my windows he makes a joke that my car is so muddy it looks like I've been farming in it. I explain that I work on a farm as a horse riding instructor and he then proceeds to tell me that he is an actor and he needs riding lessons, then asks if I'll give him a discount if he "makes me his girlfriend", an offer which I politely declined.

He then tells me that his brother was recently murdered, having been lured from right outside my flat late at night, and was then buried in a flower bed by the murderer and his accomplice. Wondering why he is telling me this, he explains that he is on his way to the hospital with his toenail, which came off last night, to have his feet checked for fungus. Nice.

Anyway, the RAC man turned up, followed by my somewhat bemused boyfriend, and got me into the car within about 10 minutes, before running back to his van and shouting "Good luck!" at me as he sped off.

So now, here I am, sat in my car with some Jaffa Cakes and a Red Bull, trying to lure out said snake with a nice fuzzy.

FML.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SamanthaDean Posted - 23/03/2012 : 08:56:03
Wow that is a harsh day! Hope you catch him!
maximus Posted - 22/03/2012 : 23:41:36
Really unlucky.. hope you find him/her
stuart619 Posted - 22/03/2012 : 20:55:57
How has this turned out? Any news yet?
scottishbluebird Posted - 17/03/2012 : 16:14:09
Play justin bieber in the car, he will flee in seconds
n/a Posted - 17/03/2012 : 10:43:40
You sure jeremy beadle not involved in this lol
Hope you find him soon
Mort13 Posted - 16/03/2012 : 17:45:16
Ah no,what a nightmare! Hope you find the little dude soon x
tordyjo Posted - 15/03/2012 : 18:43:53
hope you find him soon, there's definately some dodgey weirdo's about, fancy telling you a story like that right outside your own place too, i'd have been scared s***less if it wasn't a case of being so worried about snakey
claire_daz Posted - 15/03/2012 : 14:20:04
fingers crossed here for you
manda88 Posted - 15/03/2012 : 14:05:55
Can you still hear him? I really hope he turns up for you soon
smart bunny Posted - 15/03/2012 : 13:48:51
Oh no, I thought this was going to be a 'we've found him' post

Got my fingers crossed for you, someone else lost their snake in a car for ages didn't they (can't remember who it was now) and it turned up fine, so don't give up hope!
ScalySituation Posted - 15/03/2012 : 13:46:19
maybe put a warm water bottle with a hide?
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/03/2012 : 13:41:15
Still no joy, the car looks like a giant jigsaw puzzle atm what with all the parts of the dash we've managed to pull off. It's hard work though
Kez Posted - 15/03/2012 : 10:27:22
How have you been getting on? Did you manage to secure the escapee yet? I hope you and the snake are ok and that you're reunited soon
Okeetee Mick Posted - 14/03/2012 : 17:30:04
Really hope you find it, oh and don't talk to strangers with dodgy toes
marc_sg Posted - 13/03/2012 : 19:36:18
hope you had some luck today
Dancross0 Posted - 13/03/2012 : 17:09:16
I really hope you get him out soon. He is one gorgeous snake, and then I can chuckle without feeling bad about it...
nickyff Posted - 13/03/2012 : 15:33:11
any news yet? has snakey been extracted from the dashboard? hope its not much longer..
Hissyfit Posted - 13/03/2012 : 11:50:30
That's such a nightmare! I really hope you get him soon, and don't cause too much damage to the car.
smart bunny Posted - 13/03/2012 : 11:29:06
Oh no - I had to laugh at your post, but your poor little miami, you were so excited about him! I'm sure he'll be fine - hang in there!
Mamma Posted - 13/03/2012 : 10:54:15
hope things start looking up for you and the snake xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000