The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Anyone used these before....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 10:38:12
http://www.faunafanatics.com/index.php?option=com_tienda&view=products&filter_category=2&Itemid=12

They offer better value for money than my usual supplier and have been very quick to answer my emails, but was wondering if any of you have bought mice from them before. Would like someones opinion on the quality of mice.
Thanks
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 19/02/2012 : 11:06:54
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:
Originally posted by Red123

http://www.faunafanatics.com/index.php?option=com_tienda&view=products&filter_category=2&Itemid=12

They offer better value for money than my usual supplier and have been very quick to answer my emails, but was wondering if any of you have bought mice from them before. Would like someones opinion on the quality of mice.
Thanks

Even though they are very cheap, once you add on their postage charge, they are more expensive than TSM then, and i know TSM breed all their own animals. I bulk buy from TSM and their food has always been top notch.

On top of that, you can buy from TSM in groups of 10, so you dont have to buy 100 pinkies, or 25 xl mice if you dont want to.

I just compared their prices to TSM, for the most part, TSM are actually still cheaper including delivery, despite being more expensive on just the mice. Seeing as tsm are one of the cheapest uk suppliers, it does make me wonder about the quality of the food, its one thing beating a price by a couple of pence, but in the case of large mice, beating it by over 10 quid for 100 is a lot, enough to make me question the condition and quality.

I am sticking with TSM.

It depends how many you buy though sometimes in an order. Only way I can get TSM to be cheaper than who I get mine off is if I order 100+ mice because of the postage and I cannot get that many mice in my freezer! I'll be honest though, I don't know where the mice I order come from but they do look and always arrive amazing, much better than any local shops near me which have sawdust stuck to them, frozen poo and wee...
Red123 Posted - 19/02/2012 : 11:06:39
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

quote:

Thanks

Even though they are very cheap, once you add on their postage charge, they are more expensive than TSM then, and i know TSM breed all their own animals. I bulk buy from TSM and their food has always been top notch.

On top of that, you can buy from TSM in groups of 10, so you dont have to buy 100 pinkies, or 25 xl mice if you dont want to.

I just compared their prices to TSM, for the most part, TSM are actually still cheaper including delivery, despite being more expensive on just the mice. Seeing as tsm are one of the cheapest uk suppliers, it does make me wonder about the quality of the food, its one thing beating a price by a couple of pence, but in the case of large mice, beating it by over 10 quid for 100 is a lot, enough to make me question the condition and quality.

I am sticking with TSM.

I only buy mice, so for me they are not cheaper. I usually buy from A & N and they are excellent quality. Having to feed double mediums is working out quite pricey though, as they jump from mediums to ex breeder, so maybe cheaper in the long run to use TSM. Will have to get the calculator out .
Red123 Posted - 19/02/2012 : 11:02:39
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

I have bought from A & N and I have been to collect in person so I could see where the mice were coming from, excelllent facilities and really nice people. Its a pain that they jump from medium mice weighing 20g upto ex breeders though could do with large or extra large really.

Think the ex-breeders are just another name for Jumbos as Jumbos are normally ex-breeders. I do know what you mean, A large size would be good.

I read somwhere that ex breeders are what is classed as 'spent mice' and that they have poor nutrional value and are generally quite fatty, don't know if this right?
mikerichards Posted - 19/02/2012 : 10:41:52
quote:

Thanks

I am sticking with TSM.
Sta~ple Posted - 19/02/2012 : 10:09:59
quote:

I have bought from A & N and I have been to collect in person so I could see where the mice were coming from, excelllent facilities and really nice people. Its a pain that they jump from medium mice weighing 20g upto ex breeders though could do with large or extra large really.

Think the ex-breeders are just another name for Jumbos as Jumbos are normally ex-breeders. I do know what you mean, A large size would be good.
Red123 Posted - 19/02/2012 : 08:04:28
Sta~ple Posted - 19/02/2012 : 00:31:58
A&n breed english mice and are based in england and same with tsm. As long as the mice are good weights , look clean and snake eats them, dont see why it mattera where they are from
Spreebok Posted - 18/02/2012 : 23:40:45
Yeah, loads get their stock abroad. Chances are if you buy frozen from a shop, they're imported.
lotabob Posted - 18/02/2012 : 23:28:53
LOTS of the frozen feeder mice in the UK pet trade are imported from Eastern Europe and I do mean LOTS.

I absolutley would buy guaranteed British bred mice if only to support the local industry but I dont know of any around me, and I know of only a few small time breeders who breed their own food and occasionally have excess to sell off.
Red123 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 22:22:52
I bought some from a pet shop that had been imported and it kinda put me off. The mice were, dare I say it, very very bent and just didn't straighten out easily once defrosted. They were very bloody around both ends and had ice crystals and some had missing tails. Ended up throwing them away.
lupi lou Posted - 18/02/2012 : 17:01:18
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcat

quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

i have never ordered of line befor and nor just got mice from my pet shop would there be a prob getting mice that are imported ??????

I'm not sure of any issues,I'm new to snake keeping so there may be issues, but it could just be the 'carbon footprint' and wanting to support the environment
Just my opinion and not wishing to start a debate in any way.

suppose there could be the ethics of it also as daft as that sounds! what with diferent countrys having different animal welfare laws and legislation.
sue2012 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 16:58:25
i was just asking incase there could be a prob with the mice dont want to feed anything to my snakes that could halm them :)
Blackcat Posted - 18/02/2012 : 16:40:22
quote:
Originally posted by sue2012

i have never ordered of line befor and nor just got mice from my pet shop would there be a prob getting mice that are imported ??????

I'm not sure of any issues,I'm new to snake keeping so there may be issues, but it could just be the 'carbon footprint' and wanting to support the environment
Just my opinion and not wishing to start a debate in any way.
sue2012 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 16:32:08
Red123 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 14:08:02
Been doing some digging around and the mice are imported so its a no go for me. Want uk bred mice really.
sue2012 Posted - 18/02/2012 : 14:03:48
never seen this sight befor but thats very cheep if anyone orders from them please leave a post on how good they are ty

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000