The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 corn snake belly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
danny Posted - 12/02/2012 : 17:21:57
Hi on a hatchling amel's belly i.e the red orange white type it has white squares with a few grey/darker ones is this a sighn of bad breeding to get a pure white belly or does this turn orange at a later date or something it just seems odd as the ones ive seen are white white/black or white/orange depending on the morph ?
Thanx for your time.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Casta Posted - 13/02/2012 : 22:04:10
marc how old is your snake? my bloodred is like that and will be till his adult colours come through
eeji Posted - 13/02/2012 : 12:08:46
the odd colour chequers is where the black would have been if wasn't an amel

@marcsg, thats normal
marc_sg Posted - 12/02/2012 : 22:49:24
just a quicky my stripe has got a clear belly till about half way down then it fades to brown then by the time it gets to just before his cloca (i think thats what its called) its the same brown as on top
gmac Posted - 12/02/2012 : 18:05:56
the only corns with clear bellies are stripes, motleys and diffused gene corns (including all diffused combos)
danny Posted - 12/02/2012 : 17:45:08
i new it was no black pigment i just thought it was strange to have the greyish squares under it's belly i didnt no whether this was due to breeding to try and get a pure white underside, or it changed to orange once a adult as i no there coulour can change when growing im guessing it doesnt then and stays that way! thank you
gmac Posted - 12/02/2012 : 17:40:09
amel means no black pigment, this means over its whole body including the ventral. This is the normla belly chequer colour for amels

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000