The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Snakey sitter?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 11/02/2012 : 19:40:12
Hey all

Me was finking on offering my services as a snake sitter (and maybe a lizard for a small fee, I was wondering if i needed a liscense or anything like that, i'd only have one or possibly two at a time.

Thx

Scaly x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 13/02/2012 : 20:50:02
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

hehe we not rlly got much room, think me abandon this idea :P

Very wise
ScalySituation Posted - 13/02/2012 : 20:20:41
hehe we not rlly got much room, think me abandon this idea :P
Mort13 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 20:19:20
Lol,let her look after the vicious giant ones then!
ScalySituation Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:50:50
in my defence it was mums idea :P
Mort13 Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:49:49
Plus what if you get asked to look after a 12 foot Burmese or somat. Would you be confident enough to do that? I know I wouldn't be.
Sta~ple Posted - 12/02/2012 : 18:39:21
I'd be scared of the animal dying on me. The amount of times people have look after my pets when on holiday and I get a phone call saying they have died XD
ScalySituation Posted - 12/02/2012 : 17:23:45
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

the other option is for them to pay to to go to their house and check on snake, they can't dump it on you that way and you don't need to worry about space and isolating the visitors.

Thats what i was gonna do if they very close to us, cos we dnt drive or nufin
lupi lou Posted - 12/02/2012 : 15:33:49
the other option is for them to pay to to go to their house and check on snake, they can't dump it on you that way and you don't need to worry about space and isolating the visitors.
ScalySituation Posted - 12/02/2012 : 11:38:08
ooh, never thought of that stapey x
Sta~ple Posted - 12/02/2012 : 11:32:19
You may also find that people ask you too look after their pet, they bring it round and you never see the people again as they have dumped a reptile that needs a lot of medical attention and costly vet bills that they don't want anymore.
ScalySituation Posted - 12/02/2012 : 11:05:12
okies thx guys, looks like may not be able 2 do it if cant be in same room as sonnykins x
Okeetee Mick Posted - 11/02/2012 : 21:55:52
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

just make sure you have enough space for them, you certainly dont want them in the same room as your own reps. You wont know the history of any of the animals you take in and if they carry any nasty bugs.

If you do you will more than likely need to take out insurance incase of any issues arising.

Sound advice, dismiss at your peril
lupi lou Posted - 11/02/2012 : 21:38:58
dont think you require a licence. athough insurance is definatly a good idea, there are specific policies avalible for petsitting you could have a look at the narps (national association of pet sitters) web site or gb petsitters to give you an idea about insurance and rates ect
madmartyn Posted - 11/02/2012 : 21:23:41
a bit of public liability insurance would probably cover you for any unfortunates and better safe then sorry
gmac Posted - 11/02/2012 : 20:46:11
just make sure you have enough space for them, you certainly dont want them in the same room as your own reps. You wont know the history of any of the animals you take in and if they carry any nasty bugs.

If you do you will more than likely need to take out insurance incase of any issues arising.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000