The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Vivexotic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 04/02/2012 : 12:12:34
Just like to ask do you put the heatmat inside the viv
thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 05/02/2012 : 09:00:02
The heatmat is kinda ok to take out as in the therm probe. Think a it of sawing would be needed for the stat one though :/ 2 of my guys push aspen out the vents anyway and it's the right way up :P
kdlang Posted - 04/02/2012 : 21:29:56
I fully assembled mine before putting in all the cables. I had to make the holes for the cables bigger but in some ways I'm glad I did as if there are any problems with the heatmat/ thermostat or thermometer I can easily take the cables out without pulling the viv apart
Okeetee Mick Posted - 04/02/2012 : 17:34:47
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Just put the back panel on upside down then the holes are at the bottom.

The only problem with that is the vents on Vivexotic vivs are much closer to the top than the bottom. The vents will be only half inch off the floor and will be covered with substrate.
Sta~ple Posted - 04/02/2012 : 17:31:40
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

That is genius! If my vivs weren't sealed up... can't believe I've assembled 5 vivs and never thought about doing that.
lotabob Posted - 04/02/2012 : 17:15:03
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 04/02/2012 : 17:09:57
you could always use this to hid the cabels http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/background.php
Sta~ple Posted - 04/02/2012 : 16:42:17
It does leave horrible cables but I was scared of drilling and I got some swish plants to cover it up :P
Okeetee Mick Posted - 04/02/2012 : 15:41:50
Sta~ple is correct but this way leaves unsightly cables or conduit running done the back of the viv. I personally I drill two holes just big enough to feed the mat cable and the stat probe about half an inch from the bottom, this way you will not see any cables.
Of course use sealent to make the holes escape proof as the temp probe is larger than the cable.
WannaCornSnakeTeen Posted - 04/02/2012 : 13:07:20
thanks staple
Sta~ple Posted - 04/02/2012 : 12:52:52
Yes you do :D. On the new ones, you kind of put the heatmat in one side and put the cable thought the cable holes in the top before you put the top of the viv on and then also put you stat probe and thermometer probe through the same hole :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000