The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Viv lock doesn't fit!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Redshift Spec Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:08:34
Alright guys and gals,

I've just got a viv lock for my vx24 and it doesn't fit between the glass. (the glass sits very close) Has anyone got any recommendations?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 29/01/2012 : 15:14:49
quote:
Originally posted by Redshift Spec

Thanks for the Pics Mick, that is an amazing idea :p

Rhymes lol :P :P
Sorry, i'm rlly immature :)
Redshift Spec Posted - 29/01/2012 : 15:12:15
Thanks for the Pics Mick, that is an amazing idea :p
Okeetee Mick Posted - 29/01/2012 : 13:52:57
These locks are known to be difficult to use on Vivexotic vivs as the glass is very close, I had the glass replaced on my EX48 vivs as some were shipped with slightly undersized glass (3mm per pane), made a slight difference in that the metal bend on the lock fitted better but panes still slightly rubbed. Purchased wedges but found they draw the eye and not particularly nice to look at. I now use two lengths of metal with one end at 90 degrees and find they are 100 percent escape proof.
I do also like AB’s suckers as they are unobtrusive.

Hissyfit Posted - 29/01/2012 : 10:59:06
That security sucker is a great idea
kdlang Posted - 29/01/2012 : 09:00:22
I had to get a pair of pliers to straighten out the bend in one of my locks to get it to fit between the glass.It is possible to do but it's a bit of a pain. I tend to have locks on my lower vivs to make sure the dog or cat cant nick the wedges and push the glass open, and wedges on the higher vivs. I have to say I prefer the wedges as they are easier and dont make any noise that could disturb snakey. However if you have young children or inquisative pets then the locks are a better option
CentricMalteser85 Posted - 28/01/2012 : 23:54:37
I had no issues with them

to do them up tight, I used a pair of grip pliers to turn the screw as after a few turns you can't turn it by hand anymore but yet still loose

also it depends which way you put it on as then is a slight bend in them which should be on the outside as it guides the glass over it for a smooth slide

you also can buy them in different lengths
Spreebok Posted - 28/01/2012 : 23:32:04
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

Language
No offence

Haha, do forgive me, call it a bit of Devonshire creeping in there
Redshift Spec Posted - 28/01/2012 : 22:48:06
Cheers for all the info! I've ordered some wedges off of ebay for £1.40. Job done!
Auld Baldy Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:40:54
Try my Security Sucker. Works fine for my lot.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21468
Dancross0 Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:39:19
Use a folded up takeaway or kebab shop flyer that ends up on the doormat. Might as well make use of them...
Hissyfit Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:35:19
I had the same problem after putting a divider in the vivexotic vx.I went for 2 wedges, top and bottom with folded cardboard down the middle just in case. Saves having to unlock & lock all the time too
ScalySituation Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:33:30
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

I found rubber wedges to be better than a viv lock myself. Bloody thing kept popping off no matter how tight I did it up.

Language
No offence
Spreebok Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:31:35
I found rubber wedges to be better than a viv lock myself. Bloody thing kept popping off no matter how tight I did it up.
ScalySituation Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:24:57
wedges instead maybe?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000