The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Shedding question!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LucyCherish Posted - 27/01/2012 : 21:49:59
ok so on saturday 21st sammy went a very 'couldy' pastel shade all over, which i believed to be the start of the shedding process, i still fed her as normal etc, and also still handled her but not as much as i know they can get quite cranky due to lack of vision, but i got her out of her viv today and she seems to of gone back to her normal colour, does this usually happen before a complete shed, as i have checked every where for her shed and have found nothing also she still hasnt pooped! Any advice welcome, i may sound thick but im just concerned because im new:-D xx
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tordyjo Posted - 30/01/2012 : 23:41:46
sometimes when they're on pinks there isn't much poop as the snake uses up every bit of calorie content from the pink for growing so there isn't much waste. The shed can be fragile, my daughter was looking at one and tore it, its a bit like fragile paper, but yeah, they're pretty cool to look at
Redshift Spec Posted - 30/01/2012 : 22:56:03
Oh and Snake shed is really really really tough, I thought it would be fragile.... Its cool!
Redshift Spec Posted - 30/01/2012 : 22:55:12
Got home to find Frank has shed and taken a surprisingly small poo considering he has been storing up double pinkies for 3 feeds..... nice shiney and slithery snake. :) He wolfed down his pinkies super quick tonight!
tordyjo Posted - 30/01/2012 : 16:54:32
pooping isn't dependant on shedding, just sometimes they store it up after the last feed before a shed (if that makes sense) How often they poop is dependent on feeding, mine usually poop 2-3 days after a feed
LucyCherish Posted - 30/01/2012 : 16:23:46
Thank you all, another poopy question though lol, how often do your snakes poop on average after a shed? i know shedding depends on how fast snake is growing too xx
thistle Posted - 30/01/2012 : 01:30:19
Glad to hear that everything went ok.
tordyjo Posted - 29/01/2012 : 22:54:32
pleased that you have the poop and shed and it all went well for both you and snakie
Redshift Spec Posted - 29/01/2012 : 17:52:02
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

quote:
Originally posted by Redshift Spec

quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

plus don't worry about her not pooping many of them store it up for when they actually shed

Phew, Frank hasn't pood in two weeks despite eating double pinkies! He is in Blue now and was rubbing his head against the box when feeding him the day before yesterday so hopefully I'll have a freshly shed Frank soon :)

Hopefully it wont be on my OH this time ;) (well actually it would be funny!) He hasn't actually had a poo in his tank, just on my lady :p

And a huge poo to clear out lol!

LucyCherish Posted - 29/01/2012 : 17:01:42
well about half an hour after i posted this i got sammy out to handle her for a bit and she pooped...on me lol! And she also shed in the night, checked her over and she seems to of done it all fine Thanks for ur advice though xxx
smart bunny Posted - 28/01/2012 : 15:27:29
quote:
Originally posted by Redshift Spec

quote:

plus don't worry about her not pooping many of them store it up for when they actually shed

Phew, Frank hasn't pood in two weeks despite eating double pinkies! He is in Blue now and was rubbing his head against the box when feeding him the day before yesterday so hopefully I'll have a freshly shed Frank soon :)

And a huge poo to clear out lol!
Redshift Spec Posted - 28/01/2012 : 14:08:59
quote:

tordyjo Posted - 28/01/2012 : 09:53:27
Auld Baldy Posted - 27/01/2012 : 22:02:49
Don't worry. They will revert back to their normal colouring after being in blue. After anything up to 7 days after 'clearing' they will shed. Just your luck if you manage to see it happen as it is usually over and done in 5-10 minutes.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000