The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 calender money raiser

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marc_sg Posted - 22/01/2012 : 23:35:22
just a thought for raising the running costs for the site. could you not make a calender of the corns then one for royals and so on. obviously i dont no the outlay. but if they were sold in the shops then surely this could help pay for the site. id buy one and im sure there many keen hobbists and breeders that would also purchase these.i will also donate once the construction work picks up after the christmas slump
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 30/01/2012 : 13:05:21
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Any ideas to raise money to help with the running costs are good but are in all honesty temporary as the cash will inevitability run out, isn't it better if members donated by direct debit on a monthly basis. If every member gave a couple of quid regularly at least the good people that run the site would have an idea of cash coming in.

Could do both. I know I am not in the postion to be able to fund direct debits every month or so and im sure there are a few others. Plus ive seen this on forums before, it basically means that the general off topic chit chat board is what you pay for in the membership and if you dont pay you cant post or reply in that area.

that sounds like a good idea on signing up you pay £10 a year id be happy to do that. then you could have the corn shop with all the other idea to be sold in.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/01/2012 : 10:03:49
quote:
Originally posted by Okeetee Mick

Any ideas to raise money to help with the running costs are good but are in all honesty temporary as the cash will inevitability run out, isn't it better if members donated by direct debit on a monthly basis. If every member gave a couple of quid regularly at least the good people that run the site would have an idea of cash coming in.

Could do both. I know I am not in the postion to be able to fund direct debits every month or so and im sure there are a few others. Plus ive seen this on forums before, it basically means that the general off topic chit chat board is what you pay for in the membership and if you dont pay you cant post or reply in that area.
tordyjo Posted - 30/01/2012 : 07:29:17
I can highly recommend the felt toys , he has pride of place on top of Harry's viv, its great watching him interact with it when he comes out - my daughter did ask do you think he'll think its a girl and try and mate with it!! Told her i very much doubted it as it wouldn't have the same smell. But harry does coil himself around it, I must get some pictures and post them for you all to see.

I have looked at some of your art work thante and it is brilliant
Thante Posted - 30/01/2012 : 03:20:50
Sadly the option to pay would be an issue, money is a pain :P.
However i'm all for the ideas to rise money, i would be happy to offer up what i can do. Some people might have seen the toy corn i made for free a while back, i can simplify the design so i can make them quicker. I can make them by commission, or make a load and set them up to sell on a site like etsy. I can also paint, paper cut and draw pretty well and could produce different artwork dependant on what people like.
I'm might not be able to give money directly, but i would be happy to try and make some.
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/01/2012 : 01:39:08
Direct Debit has been mentioned loads, but nothing has happened, i would deff be happy with it
Georgina Posted - 29/01/2012 : 22:05:03
I agree with the subscription idea aswell, I would hqppily pay. :)
Okeetee Mick Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:52:56
Sta~ple Posted - 29/01/2012 : 18:52:04
I think getting the images and uploading it to a website like cafe press that does a lot of printing and doing it for a per person per order basis with the website and any extra money made doing as donations instead of buying huge batches and trying to flog :P
marc_sg Posted - 28/01/2012 : 21:42:03
ok well if lewy dnt mind i will take what ever orders are wanted and do the donations thru the usual route
gmac Posted - 28/01/2012 : 21:37:09
has nothing to do with the mods, using TCS images is upto the Forum owner Lewy,

while i think this is a grand idea practicality shouts at me that we do not have enough active members that would make purchasing this worth while, this is not as active as RFUK where there are enough active members.
marc_sg Posted - 28/01/2012 : 20:48:09
also i will send all my details to the mods that require some security
marc_sg Posted - 28/01/2012 : 20:46:46
with the mugs i said about if it helps i'll run that side of it. i wud wait for a few orders and do them in batches. sell them at £9 /£10. with all profits going to the site. i can them turned round in a couple of weeks of placing the order. if the mods dont mind i will start taking orders from this week. if the pics are sent to me i will use my paypal account then everyone is covered legally. i cant do a runner and the transaction is instant from the customer to site and supplier. but this is upto to the powers to be. everyone that requests a mug i will personally email back a comfirmation letter and place the order
Mort13 Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:55:28
PMSL scottishbluebird,you don't sound too sure there!!
I'm for a lot of the ideas here.
scottishbluebird Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:43:11
ERRRRR Would LOVE a naked mod calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScalySituation Posted - 28/01/2012 : 18:20:27

I think it would be a great thing to do :D any money that is just sat around like lemons we could donate to reptile rescue charities :D
Sta~ple Posted - 27/01/2012 : 23:57:58
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:

Could also do a calendar where the mod team are naked.

Kinda dont want a calendar now!

feel an iminent ban coming on soon :P

Don't worry g, there are some people out there I'm sure that would want to see you with your kilt off :P K has already started on some photos of himself for it...
gmac Posted - 27/01/2012 : 22:54:10
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:

feel an iminent ban coming on soon :P
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/01/2012 : 22:39:57
quote:

Good job Scaley
I do hope this is taken seriously, as i know id be happy to buy several things
ScalySituation Posted - 27/01/2012 : 18:30:29
heehee
that was fun to make
Sta~ple Posted - 27/01/2012 : 18:25:50
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:

A Calendar girls inspired snake Calendar, could be funny.
You volunteering then?

Nope as I am minus 1 years of age, I am typing from the womb so I'm not even legal to photo snakey nor a mod :P although I guess I do have a kind of cornsnake girl...
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/Stapey/Art/2012/girlsnakeedithandsmall.png

Here's SS's bookmark.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000