The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Tokay geckos...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Elicia Posted - 22/01/2012 : 22:52:41
I know this is a little bit off topic....but I see that a lot of guys keep other reps so wondered if anyone has had any experience with them??

Is it possible to 'tame' them? Ive read loads of varying opinions on them on the internet.

Elicia,x
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dancross0 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 21:41:57
quote:
Originally posted by Percy

Hes cute Dan!what made you sell him on?

xx

Well, he was in a tank that was too short, and at the time I didn't have the space or money to get anything bigger (at home with the parents, not a very good job, etc.).

So I swapped him for an albino and a super hypo leopard gecko, as I already had 2 leo's in an identical tank.

I sorta wish I kept him because he was a right git character.
lotabob Posted - 23/01/2012 : 20:25:30
These a stunning display animals but are very ballsy and defensive. males also call too so be ready with ear plugs or a shot gun.
Elicia Posted - 23/01/2012 : 19:30:22
Thanks everyone,think I may still go ahead and get one anyway as even if I cant handle it, they are so beautiful to look at. Realized after i posted this last night that there is the sister site the Reptilian, which has loads of pics and advice, so am going to sign up on there too.
Hes cute Dan!what made you sell him on?

xx
ozziesmum Posted - 23/01/2012 : 11:24:43
I had one a good while ago now and he was beautiful to look at fascinating to watch extremely bitey with a grip like a terrier so when he bit he and only he would determine when he was going to let go I had no say in the matter, mine was moderately vocal but some are very vocal. I think with a lot of perseverence and gentle handling from a baby they might calm down to a degree where they would tolerate a bit of interaction but that are certainly short on patience so expect to be bitten.
Dancross0 Posted - 23/01/2012 : 09:26:17
Yep, Tokays are really quite bitey, very active and can get quite big! Mine was around the 15" mark when I sold him on.

On the other hand, they are really nice looking creatures. Mine used to be brown with orange spots during the day, and light blue at night. If you do get one, find a tall viv for it, and get a lock. Mine could open the glass on his!

I don't think they can be tamed, but you can try...
Casta Posted - 23/01/2012 : 01:59:40
i don't kreep them but from what i've heard they are bitey wee buggers

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000