The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 My mean blizzard

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Haydon85 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 12:30:25
My other half got me a 3month old blizzard for Xmas I've wanted one for ages and she is absolutely stunning, howeva she would rather strike at me then feed lol so far she has bit me three times choosing my fingers over her pinkies and although she is to small to actually hurt or break the skin I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem? I can handle her fine and she loves bein cupped in my hands (when it's not feeding time) I have 2 other corns both male 1 bloodred and one hypo stripe and i can hand feed both of them no problems so i was wondering if females are more aggressive then males?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Haydon85 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 18:52:37
Well I think I know why she has been aggressive, she is going into blue so I'll c if she calms down post shed :)
Haydon85 Posted - 15/01/2012 : 00:34:48
Thank you :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 14/01/2012 : 23:51:38
Yep, it should help, and good luck!
Haydon85 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 21:44:39
I haven't Eva needed to my boys were Neva like this lol do I just keep it in a pocket then and put it in at the end of the day??
scottishbluebird Posted - 14/01/2012 : 21:29:22
have you tried the sock trick? keep clean sock on you all day, put in with snake, help get used to your scent
Haydon85 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 20:13:56
Very much so, the second I saw a blizzard I wanted it and thank to my gf I now have one and she is stunning as soon as I can I'll upload sum pix
Mort13 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 18:45:27
Theres no difference between males and females in temperament. Falcor,my male Anery Pewter is the calmest of my 2010's. In the case of my 2011's my female Ultramel Anery is the calmest. The most wild of all the corns was Flame,he used to flip about and go mental when picked up,took ages for him to calm down.
Congrats on the Blizzard by the way,they are stunning aren't they.
Haydon85 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 17:54:40
I've good set of tongs that were used for the first time yesterday lol she is calm and placid when I'm only handling her but like I sed its just meal times that she becomes aggressive, my bloodred was quite moody when I first got him but I've tamed him quite well now he loves being handled my hypo stripe has always loved being handled he is quite lazy and just goes with the flow really. I'll get there with her it's exactly wot uve sed just having patients and not giving up either way she will be lovely by the time she is used to me it's still early days yet, thanks for commenting :)
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2012 : 14:36:55
Don't think their is a link between their sex and aggression. Some hatchlings can just be nippy and a lot of that is down to how quickly after hatching they begin to be handled. If yours has had the first three months of life without handling then its going to see you as a threat. It will (should) settle down with time. Just be more careful at feeding time, use tongs etc to remove the association of you with the food. Patience and persistence and you'll soon get there.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000