The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Your Plans for 2012?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
manda88 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 10:20:39
So what does everyone want to add to their array of creatures this year? I promised myself I'd only get a few more corns this year, but that's already out the window!! I've only seen one list of potential snakes from one breeder so far and already chosen 6 snakes!! Ooops!
I hadn't really thought about what morphs in particular that I would like, but from the list mentioned I've chosen-

1.0 Amel cinder stripe
1.0 Anery het sunkissed stripe
0.1 Granite het sunkissed stripe
0.1 Granite het pied sided stripe
1.1 Diffused het cinder sunkissed stripe

Can you sense a theme going on there I can't actually think of anything else that I will want, but I'm sure there's bound to be something that I'll be like OMG WANT!

So, tell me what you wanna get this year!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Emmy1 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 23:16:42
quote:
Originally posted by nickyff

quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

I have too many for the moment. Not fair to get something I don't have room/ equipment for whilst I'm preparing to decorate. I'd love a miami corn one day.

isnt a miami just a 'normal' thats grey sided instead of orange? sharon was sold as a 'florida' corn, as opposed to a 'carolina', and ive seen quite a few pics of other peoples 'normal's that have the same sort of colouring- or am i missing something here?

They are a 'normal' corn, just with a different look depending on their locality such as Southern Carolina/ South Florida. Like you have the Okeetees, which are normal, just with thicker black banding to the saddles. There are Keys, which are some sort of ratsnake/ corn cross over (think it's classed as a full corn now though), which give the background a little more of a light golden/ bronzie colour to the normal colours. I just like the look of Miami corns. The grey with the deep reddy brown looks really cool.
herriotfan Posted - 13/01/2012 : 22:45:33
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

If only I had room for more vivs...I'd soon come up with a list!!

To add to my previous comment.......I'm going to get a pair of guinea pigs from a rescue centre. They're in quarantine atm but if all goes well I'm homing a couple at the end of the month!
c00ki3z Posted - 13/01/2012 : 22:24:56
I'm moving down to Bournemouth soon and plan on growing my snake collection :) I'll be able to go to Procorn's house everyday and stalk their hatchlings ;)
I plan on getting either an Avalance or Whiteout and an MBK. Then I'm not sure where next.
nickyff Posted - 13/01/2012 : 22:12:02
quote:
Originally posted by Emmy1

I have too many for the moment. Not fair to get something I don't have room/ equipment for whilst I'm preparing to decorate. I'd love a miami corn one day.

isnt a miami just a 'normal' thats grey sided instead of orange? sharon was sold as a 'florida' corn, as opposed to a 'carolina', and ive seen quite a few pics of other peoples 'normal's that have the same sort of colouring- or am i missing something here?
Mort13 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 18:46:01
Hmm,this was my original plan:
More housies (not sure which,but one or two of these):
Striped
Large Eyed Namibian (they are just so absurd looking lol)
Female True Olive
Patternless Cape

Female het Albino Hoggie as a boyfriend for my female (she's het Albino)

Male Sonoran dwarf boa

Now,however I'm not sure on anything due to whats happened with Echo. I certainly won't be adding to my collection for a few months till I know the other snakes I have are all ok,plus I'm £250 down after the vets bills.

ShaneyyWithWiz Posted - 06/01/2012 : 18:12:51
Im getting my self a Royal soon just got my pay slip for 300 quid so I might be getting one as early as next week :D SO excited to have a look at L n D exotics plus when I go there I can pet the Skunks, monkeys and meerkats. :)
manda88 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 15:46:58
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

HOGNOSE.

I WANT A SHOVEL FACE.

I love this post I got myself a hoggie in September and he's awesome, everyone needs a hoggie!!
I've just found out that my caramel stripe will be here tomorrow as she's being delivered by courier, so yay! First purchase of the year! Will post photos when she arrives
Mmm yes I'd like a miami too, and an okeetee *drools*
nusnakemum Posted - 06/01/2012 : 15:36:02
king !!!!
Spreebok Posted - 06/01/2012 : 14:33:40
HOGNOSE.

I WANT A SHOVEL FACE.
Emmy1 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 14:23:29
Casta Posted - 06/01/2012 : 13:37:29
gonna go choose a wee bloodred on sunday!! was meant to be today but vet appointments and ponies got in the way... *sigh* 2 more days...
ScalySituation Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:54:03
i'm after an amel stripe and olive housie x
smart bunny Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:50:18
Oh really? I've looked before but not recently, thanks I think the amel/normal stripes are probably my faves too! I'd rathern avoid an anery simply as Corno is an anery so want something different!
manda88 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:39:26
Amel stripes are amazing, really beautiful colours and they keep their stripe rather than just lose it as they grow like some other stripes do Normal stripes are awesome too!
My list is from the guys at Procorns! Their list of what they're hoping to produce is on iansvivarium.com on their Procorns page
smart bunny Posted - 06/01/2012 : 11:07:49
OMG that's so funny, I've decided that what I'd like most would be a stripe too lol!!

I'm not really fussed which one, not so keen on the yellowy ones like butter/caramel or the really pale like snow, but other than that I think any stripe would do!!

Can I ask where you know about the stripes? I don't know where to look (or is that secret lol!)
manda88 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 10:32:44
The only reason I'm able to buy so much more is because I'm moving into a bigger house in a month's time, and the second bedroom is becoming a reptile room, yay! I forgot to mention that I've got my eye on an enchi royal already, got two corns on the way (cinder and caramel stripe) and hoping to get two or three leopard geckos too
The answer to lack of space for vivs is either stacking or racking!
Dancross0 Posted - 06/01/2012 : 10:32:14
I'm after a male Citrine of Hypo Butter motley/stripe.

herriotfan Posted - 06/01/2012 : 10:24:54
If only I had room for more vivs...I'd soon come up with a list!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000