The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A few converts.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tk72 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 10:15:24
Took Cola into my sons nursery this morning for show and tell. Well could not have gone any better. One teacher who said she was scared to death of them was holding her. Another one was thinking of getting one is now a step closer (have directed her to the site). The kids jaws all hit the floor and they all loved feeling Cola. Job well done and proved to a few people that snakes are not slimy and scary at all.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 09/12/2011 : 20:41:25
Lol, Corno is 3 months too! I'm not confident enough to take her in yet, too worried she'd get squidged - or get away! Maybe we could in a couple of months though...
tk72 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 16:04:12
Smart Bunny Cola is 3 months old so I had hold of her and let her belly slide across their hands. Had them come up one at a time and got them to hold their hands flat so she could just glide across. My 7 year olds teacher said I can take Cola in to their class but I said no as she is still a bit small for the bigger kids. BUt when she gets to a couple of feet I will take her into the school then. Hannah ask your teacher she might let you take Flicka in.
hannah2016 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 15:23:43
thats great, but im so jelous! wish i could take my snakes in for show and tell, love to see the looks on my snake-hating peers lol
Okeetee Mick Posted - 09/12/2011 : 15:20:11
Good on you, you'll probably take five or six next time
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/12/2011 : 14:42:00
Nice one, but poor parents will be getting asked for corns for xmas!
smart bunny Posted - 09/12/2011 : 12:43:26
Lol that's fab! How old is Cola? It's the sort of thing I could do when Corno gets older, I bet the school would love it!
tk72 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 12:28:20
Brilliant comments. My wife hated the thought of having anything like a snake anywhere near the house, but now she is happy to have Cola here. She has still not held him though. She even thinks getting a few more would not be to bad a thing in the future. But maybe my wishlist is a bit to ambitious. I would like to get a few more corns and possiblt breed some. And would love a mexican black king. And top of the list for me would be a coastal carpet python (sorry dont shout at me just love them). But that will be a while off. Although 40 next year could pretend to be a teenager till i got my way.
yola Posted - 09/12/2011 : 11:49:29
Ahhh well done you. My 13yr old daughter and 8yr old son have there own snakes, they love um and are very proud to show them off and my lot lol. Its always great when kids learn about the weird animals because they learn about them, get them and talk about them so it helps educate there friends etc if you see what I mean. Kids are always amazed that snakes arnt actually slimy thou, and there little faces are a picture.
My sons school were doing a topic for a term about reptiles, so I sent him in with a adult corns shed and baby sheds, and also a clutch of hatched eggs that id let dry out, they found it amazing that you could see the scales, the head and eyes etc, I told the head mistress she could keep it all as I had plenty, they now have it all in a special see throu box at the school for other kids to see.
My daughter also has a Blue Tongue Skink that she saved for after loseing our old girl at the age of 15, she grew up with her and just wanted another one. My son also has one that he saved for and the newest critters are his Fire millipeeds that cost him £40, the big black ones were to much for him lol, he loves them to peices, he sprays them, feeds them all himself and wonders round the house with them wrapped round his finger like a ring, he is hoping he has a boy and girl so he can have babys.
garrie Posted - 09/12/2011 : 10:40:47
Brilliant! You have just helped this forum continue long into the future...they do say kids are the future and hopefully a few of them will be getting new pets when they are a little older
paulie78 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 10:36:25
Thats awesome thats a few less people ignorant about snakes kduos to you
Simmy_82 Posted - 09/12/2011 : 10:28:59
Just goes to show what seeing them in the flesh does for them.

The media never helps with snakes. give them such bad press.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000