The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 My Ambition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adamasrc Posted - 06/12/2011 : 19:47:06
I'm just coming up 18, never really had any idea what i want to do career-wise until me and my friend had this idea:

in the future i would love to own a reptile shop, no idea how we're going to make this happen but i can see it working, with the right determination. At the moment it seems like a long way off but i can see myself enjoying this line of work.

Currently studying business so i guess that would help, i probably sound pretty ignorant right now, but i'm sure i can learn and also get family guidance from people who have done similar things.

what do you guys think?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 06/12/2011 : 20:58:06
quote:
Originally posted by Casta

there's a nice one in greenock run by a guy who really knows his stuff. its small but hey you have to start somewhere. a great collection of stuff and good knowledge. other than that i agree there is a major shortage up here.

is a cracking shop, same as their other shop in Paisley ;)
Sta~ple Posted - 06/12/2011 : 20:47:50
Its a lot of work, many reptile shop owners I know don't have many reps at home just like 1 or even none as its like taking your work home with your, sometimes you can love stuff so much you end up hating it if that makes sense *_* although they are cruddy shops lol
Casta Posted - 06/12/2011 : 20:34:56
awwww. good luck with it. although remember studying is all very well and good but experience is the deal breaker. so start increasing the collection
adamasrc Posted - 06/12/2011 : 20:29:02
wrong end of the country! sorry ;)
Casta Posted - 06/12/2011 : 20:21:39
there's a nice one in greenock run by a guy who really knows his stuff. its small but hey you have to start somewhere. a great collection of stuff and good knowledge. other than that i agree there is a major shortage up here.
adamasrc Posted - 06/12/2011 : 19:55:05
i know, but on the other hand, what the internet can't provide is good customer service, pets ( to an extent ) and a good reputation. i know it would have to appeal to your average person, for example not just focusing on reptiles. i think it would be a good career to consider, thanks a lot :)
gmac Posted - 06/12/2011 : 19:51:43
There are not many reptile shops in Scotland that i would say are any good, this in part will be because of the tinterwebby thing. There are more and more online facilities available and at better prices than shops can provide.

However saying that, a good reptile shop is worth its weight in gold, so if you go down that road I shall wish you good luck and every success

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000