The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Is it possible to...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WilliamJHudson Posted - 24/11/2011 : 22:09:28
Right I have a 4 month old female lavender corn and I want to place another corn in the viv with her, What are the things I have to take into consideration before hand?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/11/2011 : 15:39:29
Wise decision!!
WilliamJHudson Posted - 26/11/2011 : 13:05:27
I have decided to not to, based on the answers I have recieved! thank you for all your help, much appreciated! :)
eeji Posted - 25/11/2011 : 21:22:58
if its a new snake you're getting then you will need another set up anyway for quarantine before thinking about possible cohabbing
Okeetee Mick Posted - 25/11/2011 : 20:04:41
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

Its really up to the keeper whether they do or not. But if you are considering it then read up on the possible problems of cohaniting. IF you think you can handle if something were to go wrong or could manage avoiding it however, then be it up to you.

There are keepers on here who do co-hab. Some have done so for years without probs, yet there are others who have co-habbited and things have gone very wrong.

Entirely up to the keeper as stated... and keeper MUST educate themselves about it all.

Personally though I would never co-hab.

Spot on Mama, but I do believe the jurys still out
Sta~ple Posted - 25/11/2011 : 14:41:26
There are pros and cons to cohabbing adults but as young snakes it's just plain silly and risky and shouldn't really be thought about until they are older.
Mamma Posted - 25/11/2011 : 14:11:12
Its really up to the keeper whether they do or not. But if you are considering it then read up on the possible problems of cohaniting. IF you think you can handle if something were to go wrong or could manage avoiding it however, then be it up to you.

There are keepers on here who do co-hab. Some have done so for years without probs, yet there are others who have co-habbited and things have gone very wrong.

Entirely up to the keeper as stated... and keeper MUST educate themselves about it all.

Personally though I would never co-hab.
hannah2016 Posted - 25/11/2011 : 13:47:26
really wouldnt if i were you...
paulie78 Posted - 25/11/2011 : 11:31:13
quote:
Originally posted by Midge

Personally even the slightest risk of losing one or both of my snakes would make my mind up right away

Ditto!
scottishbluebird Posted - 25/11/2011 : 02:40:34
Please dont, its not worth the risk
Midge Posted - 24/11/2011 : 23:26:46
Personally even the slightest risk of losing one or both of my snakes would make my mind up right away
awlred Posted - 24/11/2011 : 23:04:43
There's a lot of strong opinions of co-habiting corns. Some do it with no problems and others aren't so lucky.

I won't do it because I'm not willing to risk losing my Essfer, but as I said some do so. The general consensus is that if you are to cohabit then both snakes should be out of their juvenile stage and an equal size as cannibalism can and does happen, as well as less terminal issues such as stress which can lead to poor-feeding, loss of condition etc. can also cause problems and keep in mind that snakes aren't typically social creatures.

Definitely look at the linked post as it covers issues, and also shows why people feel so strongly about it.

Only you can make the decision but I would only do so after reading all the information you can so you can make an informed choice.
gmac Posted - 24/11/2011 : 22:37:44

a33272 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 22:25:23
DO NOT put your 2 corns togeather
hillzi Posted - 24/11/2011 : 22:23:49
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

Read before you do. PLEASE.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000