The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Lighting question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 00:14:46
Hi guys

I want to add some kind of lighting to Artemis viv but im not sure what ideally something that wont need a gaurd or emit too much/any heat would leds be the way to go ?
can anyone reccomend anything at all id much appreciate the advice thanks in advance guys
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Simmy_82 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 14:19:37
Look forward to seeing the pics garrie!
garrie Posted - 15/11/2011 : 13:23:44
quote:
Originally posted by Simmy_82

Whats the blue light like on those garrie? I am tempted to change to them when i upgrade to a viv. Was debating whether to get proper night lights of just blue strip LED's (well the coloured ones like yours).

I will try n get some pictures tonight - i love it...i really couldn't be happier. There are so many settings and also the lights can be dimmed etc. I use a natural light during the day and then a very dim blue with a touch of red for the night.

The solid blue seems to have a touch of white in it, but there are other "blues" that are great for night - especially considering you can also "dim" them.
paulie78 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 11:40:42
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

Hey Paulie, I can highly recommend something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200653209883?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They are amazing!! I was really close to getting the ones from Ikea on my last trip to London, but Sunday underground closures meant I couldn't get there in time with the other stuff me and the OH had planned.

ooh that looks pretty cool too actually though thats a very complicated remote control just for a light lmao hmm may have to shop around a bit methinsk at least i know now leds are the way to go thanks guys
Simmy_82 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 11:34:54
Whats the blue light like on those garrie? I am tempted to change to them when i upgrade to a viv. Was debating whether to get proper night lights of just blue strip LED's (well the coloured ones like yours).
garrie Posted - 15/11/2011 : 10:36:37
Hey Paulie, I can highly recommend something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200653209883?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They are amazing!! I was really close to getting the ones from Ikea on my last trip to London, but Sunday underground closures meant I couldn't get there in time with the other stuff me and the OH had planned.
paulie78 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 09:59:27
quote:
Originally posted by Simmy_82

I current use these. They are cheap enough and are extendable depending in your viv size.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90192071/

Those look perfect thanks guys for your input really appreciate it id just like some form of lighting so i can see her better in the evenings when she is out exploring but didnt want to add anything that would require gaurds (im just paranoid) or anything that would chuck out any/much heat and mess up the temps thanks for commenting guys
tordyjo Posted - 15/11/2011 : 07:23:03
I use the ones meant for fish tanks from PAH.
Simmy_82 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 07:16:29
I current use these. They are cheap enough and are extendable depending in your viv size.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90192071/
Casta Posted - 15/11/2011 : 05:39:22
leds are the cheapest safest option methinks.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000