The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 OMG Amazing!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cattNmo Posted - 13/11/2011 : 22:07:49
So Charlie has now been home a week. And as tonight is fed night thought i'd best include him in the rounds. I had him in my palm about to put him in to our feeding box to go with the pinky in my feeding tongues when he struck out and grabs the pinky. As he had hold of it I left him in the palm of my hand while he fed

The other two have been home almost a year and very rearly strike fed let alone done it in my hand. I go so existed but not wanting to move that i did not take photos fingers crossed he continues to feed that well.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vince_the_snake Posted - 16/11/2011 : 19:39:41
Always cool to hear about a strike feed!.My corn snake has never strike fed before, and he's 4!
Mort13 Posted - 14/11/2011 : 14:17:54
Congrats,sounds like he's got one hell of a feeding response!
I've had a couple of hatchies lurch out and grab their pinks out of their feeding tubs before I've managed to place them in before now. Its a strange feeling having a snake feed in your hand!
ScalySituation Posted - 14/11/2011 : 13:28:20
sonnys never striked either, maybe she'll start now she's on fuzzies
Tallscientist Posted - 14/11/2011 : 10:49:24
Mine never strike feeds, he always waits for me to put it down and then gives it a couple of pokes and a bit of a nibble before he goes for one of the ends and gulps it down. So I was surprised when I offered him a second one last night and he practically snatched it from the tongs!
Mamma Posted - 14/11/2011 : 09:20:19
congrats on a good feed Alot of people hand feed their snakes. I personally wouldnt do it deliberately as you risk them associating your hand with feeding... which could result in problems taking them out of their housing lol. xx
garrie Posted - 13/11/2011 : 22:33:16
Great news - always good to hear about an awesome strike .

I have avoided chancing it with mine striking as I'm moving him into to feed tub - food bag stays closed until he is in there! However, on Friday..he had two smalls (he'll be moving to mediums soon) and he ignored the one I had in tongs and headed over to the bag with the other one still in it!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000