The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Took a long time but...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 07/11/2011 : 14:19:25
Finally got Izzy to eat out of his viv. I have had him for 20 months and to begin with he would only eat if the mouse was left in his viv overnight, and even then he often refused. Since a 5 month spell of not eating at all at the beginning of this year he has eaten every time he has been offered except when blue. I have noticed him become more and more confident to the point where he was eating as soon as the mouse was put in his viv, even when I was still moving around sorting the other snakes out. So this week, since I wanted to weigh him anyway, I decided to try him with his dindins in the weighing rub. And to my amazement, after a few tentative sniffs, he took it and ate. I was so worried that it would put him off eating again but it just shows that even the most temperamental feeders can become more confident if given enough time.
Sorry for the rubbish pics, I was trying not to disturb him.

"Ahhhhhh All gone mum"
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:49:01
Well done,your hard works definitely paid off.
Loving the last pic lol.
ScalySituation Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:47:37
that last pic is epic :)
cattNmo Posted - 07/11/2011 : 23:04:33
Must have been a weekend for good feds. Tabs took her first fed outside of the viv yesterday :D and Mo took his first small mouse yesterday after missing the last two weeks feds (Blue, lol) hope it continues next week as it will be Charlie first feed with me then.

And I'm with the others. That last picture is amazing very lucking shot, congratulations
SheWolfey Posted - 07/11/2011 : 19:59:06
I love the last pic
He is a lovely colour
kdlang Posted - 07/11/2011 : 19:45:43
Thanks everyone. Knew i could count on you lot to share my pleasure.

The last pic was a bit of an accident. I wanted to get him yawning but because I have a shocking delay on my phone I missed it the first time which is where the second to last pic came in. I noticed his jaw still wasnt aligned properly so took the chance on taking another pic and was thrilled to see what I had captured.

I feel like I am doing well with sorting my awkward feeders now. Izzy is feeding successfully finally, I'v discovered Rio only likes to eat every 2 weeks and Noisy will only eat if he is put into a small rub with the mouse and the rub is put into his viv and the viv covered up overnight. 4 weeks of successive feeds for him, the first time since July.
garrie Posted - 07/11/2011 : 18:37:24
Awesome...and really is great to know what some time and patience can do - brilliant!! Well done to you both
Kez Posted - 07/11/2011 : 18:15:22
LOL, love that last pic. Looks like Izzy is shouting in celebration of your achievements
Mamma Posted - 07/11/2011 : 18:13:34
hes a beautiful creature that last pic is amazing xx
nusnakemum Posted - 07/11/2011 : 18:01:55
love that last picture i think the biggest strength for snake ownwership is patience and yours truly paid off !!!!
Okeetee Mick Posted - 07/11/2011 : 17:43:28
Agreed, last pic is great
paulie78 Posted - 07/11/2011 : 16:51:16
awesome pics love the last one lol
Aegis Posted - 07/11/2011 : 16:34:42
Lmao! that last pic made me laugh! well done though :) Persistance is key!x
purplepeke Posted - 07/11/2011 : 14:53:26
Well done, you for perservering!!! Lovely shots, especially the last one! x
tordyjo Posted - 07/11/2011 : 14:26:52
love that last shot, he's got lovely colours

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000