The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 What a disaster!! :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotsofsmoggies Posted - 06/11/2011 : 19:47:49
I went to Doncaster reptile show I find this gorgeous caramel het sunkissed motley boy, I'm a very happy girlie with my new snakey, holding it in the bag we take it back to the car. Sit in the car for a bit having a drink and a chocolate bar and a rest. We decide to go back to the show I pick up bag and no snake.......

So now the big isuzu has my snake in it, I hope. I'm gutted. Really really gutted.

How on earth am I going to find him?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SheWolfey Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:47:56
Oh no! I hope you find him!
eeji Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:38:29
the most likely places would be under the seats or up behind the dash, pay particular attention to the side the heater fan is on
lotabob Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:28:09
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

tape traps are only suitable if you can check on them very regularly, is not somethingi would do in this situation. YOu wont visit the car every half hour through the night

Oops I forgot to say to check them regularly.

Thinking was you don't want it working its way into the engine, it gets very hot or may drop out the bottom if the car is been used. Been lost in a car is full of potential dangers so thought a drastic measure would be warranted.
Mort13 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:21:57
Oh no,you must be so upset. Hope you find him soon.
tordyjo Posted - 08/11/2011 : 17:59:27
just a thought, but check carefully under the front footwells and under the bonnet as that'll be where the warmest spots will be, with engines and heaters etc, hope you find it soon x
Lotsofsmoggies Posted - 08/11/2011 : 17:29:37
No. I won't give up hope though.
manda88 Posted - 08/11/2011 : 12:05:49
Sorry to hear that, I really hope you find him soon! All hope is not lost with the cold weather, a friend of mine lost a king snake before last winter, 9 months later she appeared! So she survived the snow and everything :) She appeared in next door's house who threw her outside cos they thought she was 'poisonous' and then they found her outside in the bushes a few days later.
Fingers crossed for you that you find him safe and sound
Mamma Posted - 08/11/2011 : 11:40:05
any luck yet?
Kez Posted - 07/11/2011 : 18:12:24
Oh no, I hope you find snakey soon
Lotsofsmoggies Posted - 07/11/2011 : 06:52:21
He is two foot there abouts, a yearling. What I've done is cut the top off a 2 litre bottle put the funnel end in the bottle covered the bottle end with a tight leg cut the toe out a bitand placed a mouse in it and sent the other half to work with it! A nice dark hole what snake could resist that?

No garage I'm afraid, what is the tape trap? My oh could keep a close eye on the car at work if it gives me chance to get him back.
gmac Posted - 07/11/2011 : 01:59:34
tape traps are only suitable if you can check on them very regularly, is not somethingi would do in this situation. YOu wont visit the car every half hour through the night
lotabob Posted - 07/11/2011 : 01:37:32
Oh that isn't good, so many nooks and crannies to search. A hot water bottle won't attract it out though, they can't see heat (some snakes can, corns aren't one of them) I wouldn't normally reccommend tape traps but in this case I'd say its worth the risk. Food may lure it out of hiding but its really cold tonight so it won't be going far.
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/11/2011 : 01:25:29
Oh no, do you have a garage? maybe help contain him,really hope you find him
Casta Posted - 06/11/2011 : 21:46:16
how big is the snake? the car will be really cold now. a hot water bottle would probably attract him out.
nusnakemum Posted - 06/11/2011 : 19:53:05
oh no no no hope you do find it xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000