The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Urgh, thats a first!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spreebok Posted - 05/11/2011 : 15:27:59
So, we got another corn the other day for my sister, a 2010 Caramel Motley Male (pics soon, I promise!) He has the black speckling they have on their bellies, so I popped him out quickly today to just once over them all and make sure they're all speckles and none of them mites (Yes, I know, 7 day settling period, but I'd rather pop him out sooner to check and try prevent anything spreading to my 5 other corns).
Anyway, once I was happy with the speckling, I popped him on the carpet to guesstimate the length before popping him back (I guess about 3ft). I then reached to pop him back, and my sleeve brushed against his tail. He zoomed off and gave a little rattle. Whatever. I picked him up and EW! The smell! I do believe I have been musked on, by a cornsnake of all things! How embarrassing! I was handling a usually very angry MBK the other day, and it turned to butter in my hands. And then I get musked on by a CORN? Oh the shame

Mercifully, it was only a teeny bit, and it mostly went on my hands, so the smell was easily dealt with. And he was calm as anything once he was back in my hands! Haha, I've dealt with angry, defensive corns before and have never had that happen, being musked on by something as laid back as him is just shameful! xD
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 06/11/2011 : 23:16:27
@Sta~ple They do musk, it's just really rare with corns xD Certainly wasn't a wet fart, smelt like the stuff ladybugs squirt on you in defence, certainly not like snake farts lol!
@Mamma Yeah, the caramel motleys seem to have small black speckling on their bellies, I checked with Ians Vivarium just to be sure lol xD
Mamma Posted - 06/11/2011 : 11:48:29
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

sounds gorgeous! pics for sure . I thought motleys dont have any markings on their underside. Just white. My motely doesnt have any.

My motley has a few black speckles here and there too!

well there ya go! Learn somethin new every day!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 06/11/2011 : 10:59:23
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

sounds gorgeous! pics for sure . I thought motleys dont have any markings on their underside. Just white. My motely doesnt have any.

My motley has a few black speckles here and there too!
Mamma Posted - 06/11/2011 : 10:43:14
nusnakemum Posted - 06/11/2011 : 10:19:33
eeeeeuuuuu
Okeetee Mick Posted - 06/11/2011 : 09:54:07
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I unno if corns musk, maybe it was a wet fart?

Lol, you never know

Sta~ple Posted - 06/11/2011 : 09:21:41
I unno if corns musk, maybe it was a wet fart?
Mort13 Posted - 05/11/2011 : 18:48:14
Euww,lovely! Nowt like a good musking to clear the airways lol.
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/11/2011 : 17:39:01
lol, sorry but lol
tordyjo Posted - 05/11/2011 : 16:53:33
Yuck

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000