The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Tagged

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlycorn Posted - 29/10/2011 : 10:25:27
Well to cut a long story short, im in the Midlands where my boyfriend lives and I just fell in love with his Ball Python Missy, shes about 3 months old and shes so kind natured...

Anyways, went down to the reptile shop to get a chameleon and they had baby ball pythons in there for £39 so I was very tempted...after asking to see the adult one they had there so i could decide to commit myself of a snake that size I decided to get myself one.

I musta picked the meanest ****** ******* snake there, its done nothing but strike when we pick him up...but once you got him, hes ok and balls and gets nosey...had him out and he was balled up. I went to take him from my better halfs hand and BLAM...little sod got my finger...my first tag!

Got to say didnt hurt and drew blood, but the shock and loss of trust is summink else ;)

Im having a naming dilemma though, should I call him Mister, so hes got a snake called Missy and I got one called Mister...or should I just call him Kaa (from the jungle book)?????

Im unsure whether to leave im here with the better half for a few weeks handling sessions...he might get attached...

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carlycorn Posted - 30/10/2011 : 08:13:15
hes like a different snake today...spent yesterday holding him and stroking him...but my better half was getting him out for me. This morning I looked in and he was calm, i picked him up and did myself a little dance...hes a beauty...pics tomorrow maybe
scottishbluebird Posted - 29/10/2011 : 15:58:50
LMFAO @Stapey
Sta~ple Posted - 29/10/2011 : 13:44:12
Your guys royals are more kingly than my king, who acts like a royal expect less fat.

I think someone has been switching snakey minds.
lotabob Posted - 29/10/2011 : 13:35:37
It happens, rare but still happens, Duke once took a pop at my face, I pulled some crazy matrix move to dodge it, or at least thats what happened in my version.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/10/2011 : 12:27:24
You got bit by a ball? WTF?
Aegis Posted - 29/10/2011 : 12:22:18
Welcome to the tag club :) Iv been tagged a few times now, my fault. Not the snakes. Anyhoo, as already said, carry a sock around with you then put in the viv. It works!
lotabob Posted - 29/10/2011 : 11:36:39
If its a baby they are just like that, they soon grow out of it. Stand your ground and dont worry, they cant do you any harm. Allow it to settle in Royal Python style, thats three feeds before handling to let it settle and calm, it will be a new nice snake by then.
Mamma Posted - 29/10/2011 : 11:07:41
sorry this made me giggle try carrying a hanky or a sock with you for 24 hrs then pop it in his viv. This should get him used to your scent and should hopefully help to calm him down. It worked a treat for me when I was in a similar situation.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000