The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New to the shedding process

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NaeLou Posted - 25/10/2011 : 22:22:16
I did look through the posts before I wrote this, but there were loads to get through.... maybe i'm lazy!

I've had Misssi 6weeks now and she has not shed since I got her, neither did I get (or think to ask for) her shedding/feeding records from the reptile shop I bought her from.

Shes been in hiding since friday/saturday now, in the cool section of her viv (cool being around 73'F) she usually sticks her head out and just observes at the very least, but she has not even been doing that.
I just wondered how long normally they hide for? its so out of character for her, and I thought they stayed around the warm side of the viv in Shedding mode.

I keep checking on her and sometimes her eyes look cloudy, but other times I look at them and they look normal... however, now I'm not so sure what normal and what cloudy is!! She's a snow so I'v heard it's harder to tell.

I fed her yesterday, two pinkies and she ate them with no problem.... the first one she did headbutt a couple of times which was weird for her, she usually strikes at her food within seconds....GREEDY!!! I didnt think she'd take the second one because I thought maybe it was because her eyesight warent that great, but I dangled the pinky in a slightly different location in her feeding box and she struck at it with no issues.

I think she is going to shed soon, and maybe I'm being impatient, but I thought they didnt like to be handled or fed shortly before!

I'm going to wait till she poops in her favourite place (in or around her water bowl) and then at least I know she has made SOME effort to come out of her hide!!

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/10/2011 : 16:59:47
Glad it was a complete shed
NaeLou Posted - 30/10/2011 : 08:22:04
Just to let everyone know..... Misssi shed last night! So proud of her! Came off in one whole piece, tail tip and eye caps included!!

Will upload pics later of a freshly shed Misssi!!

Thanks again for the reassurance x
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/10/2011 : 18:10:34
Just make sure the tail tip and eye caps come off in the shed
NaeLou Posted - 27/10/2011 : 17:36:13
thanks guys, your posts are really reassuring!

And UPDATE!!!!
Her eyes are DEFINATELY a cloudy bluey colour!! ....seems i was worrying over nothing!!

Thanks again :)
Spreebok Posted - 27/10/2011 : 00:38:36
This may be of hand to you!
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18287
It's a quick little know how guide when it comes to snows and shedding!

As for her out of character hiding, that may be a good sign, Holly (My adult Anery) hid for two weeks (including blue) until he shed earlier this evening, now you can't get the bloody thing to sit still lol!

I wouldn't worry about the time though, Lister (My yearling snow) decided to wait nearly 12 weeks before he had his first shed with me!
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 21:41:33
They hide a lot! if you want to see her, just take her out
NaeLou Posted - 26/10/2011 : 17:33:24
Thanks! is it usual for her to stay hidden for so long? or should I be worried? will try and cool that side down a bit :)
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 02:33:59
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18287&SearchTerms=snow,shed,blue that should help! cool end seems a bit high to me

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000